Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer
- Regular Full-Time
Who You Are: A seasoned and collaborative full stack web developer with knowledge and experience in SaaS and critical high traffic applications that scale.
What You Do: You are an experienced developer and mentor with a passion for Agile development. Your focus is on sustainable development, not heroics, and understand the value of good estimation, continuous improvement of our process and architecture, automated testing to protect quality, delivery of features that delight customers and continuous deployment to get fast feedback from users. You are a passionate champion and advocate for continuing to improve our architecture while effectively balancing the delivery of valuable features to our customer base.
Who We Are: A leader in emergency software for Paramedics/EMTs, Firefighters, and other Lifesavers. We have the resources and stability of a large company, but the nimbleness, ambition, and determination of a startup, because we used to be one.
What We Do: ZOLL’s CodeData team creates customer-facing SaaS applications for Emergency Services and Hospitals. The applications we build give medical personnel access to critical data that is collected by life-saving medical devices such as cardiac monitors and defibrillators. We develop applications in a highly collaborative Agile environment leveraging the latest technologies available in the public cloud.
Perks & Benefits: ZOLL provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contribution and hard work. Additionally we have stocked kitchens, free daily organic fruit delivery, on-site fitness center, on-site cafe, dry cleaning service, social events and much more! Our benefits package includes 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, flex spending accounts, STD/LTD, PTO and tuition assistance.
- As a senior team member lead and champion the continuous improvement of the architecture and process the team uses
- Mentor and guide the team through the adoption of new technology concepts
- Develop and evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, performs optimally, and is consistent with industry best practices
- Implement unit tests and support automated testing of the software
- Collaborate with the SRE team to ensure the deployment of the software aligns with strong DevOps practices leveraging CI/CD and infrastructure as code
- Work with the product owner, stakeholders, UX, QA and other engineers to create effective solutions
- Participate in all aspects of product delivery, including planning, design, code reviews, and cross-platform / cross-browser testing
- Provide feedback and recommendations for improvements to features, functionality, architecture, design and performance
- Collaboratively participate in Agile ceremonies
- Utilize organizational process control systems and industry privacy requirements (i.e. FDA quality controls, HIPAA).
- 5+ years of experience in a professional SaaS web application development environment
- Passion for Agile development principles on a highly collaborative team
- Experience working in public cloud deployments, NoSQL and Relational Database Systems, microservices, containerization, service monitoring, serverless computing, event-driven programming, and DevOps including CI/CD and infrastructure as code
- Proficiency with C#, .Net Core, and SQL
- Experience writing and maintaining automated tests (load, integration, and unit tests)
Icing on the Cake:
- Experience developing critical, high volume, big data applications that scale
- Experience with security best practices
- 2-3 years healthcare technology experience
- AWS application development experience
You Will Fit In If:
- You take tremendous pride in your work, but value the team’s success over personal accomplishment
- You are proactive and demonstrate ownership in solving problems and seeking input from your teammates
- You value collaboration over being a lone ranger
- You are enthusiastic about the company, the products we build and the team you are a part of
- You communicate openly and honestly and respect the variety of personality styles that make up your team
- You adapt easily to solve new problems or change directions as needed
- You can balance your “head’s down coding” time with active collaboration/problem solving discussions with your team.
- You keep your word
ZOLL appreciates and values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
ADA: ZOLL will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.