Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Zimmerman Advertising
Coordinate Nissan’s media planning efforts within the assigned Nissan region in conjunction with Media Supervisor and/or Associate Media Director. Media Planner must effectively interact with Nissan Regional marketing staff, internal regional account team and media strategy team. This position reports directly to a Media Supervisor and/or Associate Media Director. This position works under general supervision with the manager providing limited hands-on guidance and leadership. Incumbent makes decisions within scope of current policies/procedures. Work is reviewed by supervisor for soundness of overall accuracy and adequacy. Develops solutions to moderately complex problems. Approval necessary when deviating from standard and routine practices or procedures.
- Work with Media Supervisor in the development and implementation of media campaigns including most or all of the following: National & local broadcast television (including cable), local radio, outdoor, local print & digital.
- Work as part of a media planning team, applying media solutions to overall client objectives.
- Work with internal digital media team to integrate interactive objectives and strategies into overall plans.
- As directed and overseen by the Media Supervisor, develop and present recommendations, evaluations, POVs and media analyses to Account Service and ultimately clients.
- Organize, implement and control the day-to-day media planning development process including coordination among assistants.
- Supervise and train assistant level employees as needed.
- Complete assigned areas of the annual media plan(s).
- Coordinate projects and media requests with Account Service and assigned client contacts to determine specific advertising needs, communicating deadlines to Media Supervisor.
- Monitor media campaigns with Media Supervisor and when needed, have campaign performance meetings internally and/or with client.
- Work with the OMD buying team, providing buying specifications, monitor development and review media buys and post-buy analyses.
- Maintain media estimate process in conjunction with Media Supervisor.
- Maintain media reporting needs for assigned region.
- Coordinate with the Buying and Account Service teams on understanding of current marketplace conditions, competitive spending or potential media opportunities.
- Attend Client and internal meetings as necessary.
- A four year college degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years media planning experience as an Assistant.
- Demonstrated presentation and writing skills.
- Experience directly managing a staff of one or more is desirable.
- Experience managing and coordinating inter-departmental efforts.
- MS Office: Internet Explorer, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience or familiarity using industry media planning tools: Media Ocean/Donovan, Media Tools, MRI Research, TNS, DDS/Strata/DataTech, etc.
- Experience in retail desirable but not required.
- Understanding of Interactive advertising preferred but not required.
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document