Wilson & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Proposal Coordinator
at Wilson & Company
Independently supports the development of RFP-compliant, competitive, and quality marketing proposals and statements of qualification. Understands the Wilson & Company brand initiatives and marketing and business development process in marketing tools and systems and has full working knowledge of centralized database. This is an organizational and logistics-focused role.
- Follow Wilson & Company proposal development process and tools.
- Prepares the Proposal Management Plan that includes schedule, budget, and compliance matrix. Leads storyboard and text development, management reviews, and proposal production.
- Manages pursuit schedule and budget.
- Assembles appropriate resources for the pursuit team. Coordinates with authors, section and volume leaders, subject-matter experts (SME), proposal writers, and other support personnel to successfully develop the pursuit.
- Performs research and interviews staff to help write/translate complex concepts into a narrative that can be understood by non-technical readers.
- Leads multi-color strategic reviews and IQR.
- Prepares the Presentation Management Plan that includes schedule, budget, outline, and presentation logistics. Leads storyboard and presentation development and practice sessions.
- Leads internal lessons-learned debrief. Attend and ensure project manager conducts a client debrief.
- Performs proposals closeouts.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills; pays attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point) and Adobe InDesign. Basic understanding of Vision and other databases/systems.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and tight-deadlines, follow through on tasks, regularly communicate with pursuit teams and colleagues, and make independent decisions for meeting deadlines and contributing to the Company’s three strategic anchors (back to basics, winning work, and collaborative environment).
- Proactive, self-starter, team-oriented, flexible, and able to work with different personalities and professional styles.
- Shows desire to take on responsibility.
Bachelors’ degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related major preferred with four years’ experience. Without a degree, eight years of relevant experience; preferably supporting proposals in the A/E/C industry.
Some knowledge of the engineering industry desirable; can understand the basics and can tell whether text is addressing the solicitation requirements, and command of English language.
Complexity (variety or uniqueness of tasks; relative difficulty or importance of work performed; size of unit supported, etc.):
- Follows processes and procedures to support the production of compliant, quality proposals. Work involves the application of quality control, as well as standard procedures and criteria to the coordination of proposals that are of critical importance to the firm.
Decision-making (supervision received; independent judgment or initiative; consequence of error):
- Work is done independently. Exercises initiative and independent judgment with regard to content, wording, completeness, correctness, and appropriateness of proposal contents and graphics materials, making recommendations to supervisor and project manager
Work direction given to others (titles and number of personnel; type of direction given):
- No supervision of others is involved; however, gives work direction to creative services staff and marketing assistants involved in proposal production.
Internal contacts (required interaction/relationship with others within the organization):
- Interfaces with marketing staff, project managers, and technical staff. Occasionally contacts upper management for required signatures.
External contacts (required interaction/relationship with others outside the organization):
- May contact clients, subconsultants, and vendors to verify, obtain, and coordinate information.
Please be mindful of fraudulent job postings and false emails that are not coming directly from our company. Any legitimate contact will only come from representatives with an @wilsonco.com email address. For an official list of job openings, please go to our company website: https://www.wilsonco.com.
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 13 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.