Wilson & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Roadway Project Manager
at Wilson & Company
Wilson & Company’s Denver Office is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer with a strong background in Transportation/Roadway design. This position will lead and direct/perform high level roadway design projects. Project Management of complex roadway and highway projects where you work closely with clients, discipline managers and support staff to ensure the successful completion of transportation/roadway related projects is required. The ability to effectively coordinate staff efforts to ensure timely and cost effective solutions to project requirements is a must.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to multitask and pay close attention to detail. We are looking for someone with a detailed understanding of transportation engineering and modeling of freeways and highways, including interchanges, along with arterial roadways, bicycle and pedestrian design. Experience with all facets of transportation project design, including construction phasing and MOT, specification production and cost estimating is desired. Specific experience with winning and executing projects for state and local municipalities related to highways, streets, or sidewalks and trails is desired. We are looking for someone with great communication skills and established client relationships who enjoys working in a team environment in a fast paced, professional setting. A strong background working with CDOT or other DOT’s, and local agency capital projects is desired.
- Client interaction and coordination on a frequent basis.
- Coordinates the plans and schedules of detailed phases of the engineering work and performs the design of major projects. Monitors time schedules and job costs and adjusts to comply with each.
- Performs the design calculations of projects and checks design work of staff and design engineers assigned to project under his/her control.
- Supervises assistants, designers, technicians, and CADD operators/drafters assigned to project team.
- Prepares preliminary engineering reports, including feasibility reports, and presentation to clients, or various stakeholders.
- Leads client engagement and develops strategies for winning work. Develops and executes winning proposals in coordination with marketing staff. Project interview experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microstation and InRoads software is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to peers, senior staff and clients.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related curriculum.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in CO or ability to obtain within 4 months.
- 5+ years’ experience in the design of streets and highways.
- Proven ability to manage multiple team members and coordinate effectively with other engineers and technicians.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with federal, state and local regulations that pertain to the design of street and/or highway projects.
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 13 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.