Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager - Denver Region *External Candidates Area 47
at Wendy's International
Job Reference #: RM%200004744
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
As a General Manager, you will be the leader of a Wendy's restaurant, responsible for the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. With the support of your District Manager, you will build and manage a high-performing restaurant team through selection, training, development, & coaching to ensure proper execution of restaurant procedures and to promote a great culture. You will oversee all areas of operations, ensuring achievement of restaurant objectives and a positive dining experience for every Wendy's customer. Maximize store sales and profit goals while following Company guidelines, monitoring and reinforcing food safety procedures, maintaining QSC standards and ensuring protection of Wendy's brand and assets.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Maximizes store sales goals versus budget and prior year, including participation in marketing programs. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance sales. Manages assigned store requirements for new product rollouts/procedures.
- Maximizes profit goals versus budget and prior year. Manages food, labor and paper costs and other controllable expenses. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance profits.
- Ensures the high performance of the restaurant team, including Shift Managers, Team Trainers and Crew. Using ongoing systems, manages the recruitment, development, recognition and retention of all team members. Develops team members to maximize contributions and opportunities for future promotability. With the support of HR staff and processes, conducts quality, timely performance appraisals and provides ongoing performance feedback. Evaluate people metrics including Voice of Wendy's data to maintain a positive restaurant culture. Manages the Speak Out process at the store level to ensure appropriate resolution of all employee relations issues.
- Ensures the continual improvement of restaurant metrics on all day parts to "Delight Every Customer". Using materials from the Customer Experience Cycle, diagnose service issues and direct subordinate managers and crew in executing Playbook plays to resolve. Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety to ensure all procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; takes corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Ensures store compliance with Company operating policies and procedures. Works with District Manager to establish store priorities, and develops and executes store plans. Informally evaluates store performance, receives and incorporates feedback from store inspections, and implements action plans to improve store ratings. Conducts regular managers' meetings to communicate and reinforce priorities.
The Wendy's Company is the world's second largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy's system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the U.S. and 25 other countries and U.S. territories worldwide
Education / Experience
- College degree and 3 - 4 years line operations experience in the restaurant or related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- General knowledge of state and federal employment laws. Ability to quickly become knowledgeable about and able to train others in Wendy's systems (i.e., WeLearn, HMS) and on employee development programs.
- Knowledge & experience leading a team of direct reports. Must be able to demonstrate skill in interviewing, selection, training, development and performance management of employees.
- Experience understanding and managing a profit & loss statement (P&L). Skilled in understanding and implementing budget guidelines.
- Ability to work, concentrate and perform duties accurately in a fast-paced environment that may involve noise and hot/cold temperatures or other elements. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time. Position requires the use of a headset. Frequent lifting and carrying(up to 25-50 pounds, as necessary), reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling and stooping is involved.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure and giving sound advice and direction. Must be able to take direction, give direction, work well in a team environment and have a strong customer orientation focus. Must exhibit professionalism, composure, and discretion when expediting or resolving all customer related concerns and issues.
- Flexibility to work a 50-hour work week. Must have reliable transportation and be available to report to work promptly and regularly, and to work all day parts and days of the week. Will be required on occasion to work in multiple locations and must have the ability to travel to other restaurants, Area office, etc., as business needs dictate.
- Must have or be able to achieve ServSafe certification.
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Wendy's is an equal employment opportunity employer who may provide reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job