WellAge Senior Communities
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Culinary Services
at WellAge Senior Communities
- Are you passionate about managing multiple priorities?
- Do you naturally love numbers and see patterns within numbers?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details?
- Do you get excited working as a high-performing individual and part of a high performing team?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
The person in this position will organize, supervise, and train dining services employees. This individual will purchase food and supplies; provide a sanitary and infection free environment; participate in the assessment process; prepare menus and meals; make decisions. Prepare, cook, season, and serve adequate, attractive, nutritious, and balanced meals, including: meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit, soups, salads, desserts, breads, and pastries, as specified and scheduled by the menus.
- Assist in development of dining policies and procedures
- Visit residents and assist in gathering information on food preferences
- Follow up recommendations of the dietitian and state survey team
- Maintain records, such as meal census, diets served, menus, purchase records, nutrition assessments and care plans, and weekly staffing patterns
- Plan menus, conferring with a dining services consultant as needed
- Review resident diet information and care plans, and discuss with resident, family, care staff and consultant dietitian as necessary to make appropriate changes
- Keep records including menus as served, substitution menu records, special diet roster, number of meals served, purchased and food cost records
- Supervise the receiving and storage of food and food preparation
- Maintain high sanitation standards
- Ensure maintenance of equipment
- Supervise cleaning procedures to ensure safe and sanitary conditions are maintained within the food service department, including kitchen, dining room, refrigerators and freezers
- Observe for over-production of food and improper preparation of food
- Establish insect and rodent control procedures
- Review health certificates (food handlers permit)
- Conduct monthly temperature studies
- Conduct food waste study twice a week
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of menus, recipes, food purchasing, preparation, and storage,
- Ability to supervise and manage people, knowledge of community policies and procedures and job descriptions
- Knowledge of and ability to meet regulations of ADA, state, infection control, health department, and OSHA
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma
- Food Handler/Servsafe Certification
- Previous experience in the dining department of a senior living community preferred
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer