Wastren Advantage Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Controls - Scheduler
at Wastren Advantage Inc
- # of Openings
The project scheduler is an intricate role within the project team and ensures members are aware and knowledgeable of the schedule requirements. This includes conducting scheduling sessions with team members and management to ensure project activities are properly sequenced and represent the series of actions necessary to successfully complete all task associated with the work scope milestones and key performance indicators.
As a team member the scheduler role is vital to ensuring the project is meeting goals and objectives. The role provides project schedule information that demonstrates accomplishment of critical activities and/or identifies areas of concern. The scheduler provides the project team with the necessary information to pro-actively evaluate and preemptively recognize potential issues. The scheduler role is heavily involved in development of corrective actions necessary to avoid project delays and development of schedule activities necessary to demonstrate project progress.
The scheduler is responsible for development of integrated project schedules utilizing Primavera P6 scheduling software. Responsibilities will include implementation and management of baseline and forecast schedules within an Earned Value system. The scheduler is responsible for day to day maintenance of the schedules and will be required to work directly with engineering and management personnel to update and status the project schedules to ensure accurate information and input for all project reporting requirements.
The scheduler must have a working knowledge of scheduling theory and application, and be skilled in the usage of (but not limited to):
- Master and Sub-project development
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Critical Path Method
- Activity Logic relationships
- Activity float and lag
- Resource loading
- Development of “fragnets”
- Activity Coding
- Milestones definition and Key Performance Indicators
The scheduler is also responsible for assisting the Project Controls Manager with earned value (EV) baseline validation, preparation of performance (cost and schedule) summary reports and analysis of budget and schedule trending data.
The scheduler will be responsible for:
- Preparation and presenting of Critical Path Reports and other Project Schedule Analysis
- Maintaining a safe working environment and demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting co-workers of such requirements as needed.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to the highest of quality standards and quality assurance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for part of the day. The employee is Frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and drive.
Some flexibility is expected during position’s core work hours. Overtime may be required as job demands.
Education & Certifications:
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years scheduling experience with an Engineering or similar professional degree preferred
- PMP and/or PMI-SP certifications are desirable
Experience & Requirements:
- Requires experience with Primavera (P6), Microsoft Project, and COBRA EV reporting
- Must have experience in Schedule/Estimate interface within EV systems
- Should possess experience with Engineer/Procure/Construct (EPC) projects
- Should possess knowledge or experience with Fabrication and assembly scheduling
- Must have solid working knowledge of Cost accounting practice
- Must be able to obtain and maintain at least DOE L clearance if required
- Requires good computer and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to get along with coworkers, customers and visitors regardless of their race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, handicap or marital status.
- The ability to read and interpret documents, write routine and non-routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be detailed, well organized, deadline oriented, and comfortable with basic mathematical functions and figures. Ability to operate office copier, fax, telephone and computer are required. Requires good computer and written and verbal communication skills.