Wastren Advantage Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Control - Sr. Project Control Lead
at Wastren Advantage Inc
- # of Openings
This role is responsible for providing technical and administrative direction, coordination, and evaluation of all project related controls deliverables. This position serves as Control Team Leader on medium and large-sized project initiatives and provides direct support to various organizations. Acting as a key resource on a project team, the role will require collaboration at all levels, including: client representatives, engineering, quality assurance, procurement/purchasing, project management, and other functional leads.
Responsible for supporting the Program and Project Manager(s) with baseline validation, implementation, performance (cost and schedule) reporting and analysis of cost and schedule data. The position will be required to:
- Demonstrate a Personal commitment to safety and quality
- Develop and implement a project controls plan as part of the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Plan and organize the setup of project baseline in project controls system, and implement a plan to track against the baseline on a regular basis
- Develop cost, schedule, and commercial baselines
- Responsible for providing technical and administrative direction, coordination, evaluation, training and coaching to the project team
- Analyze variances in cost and schedule performance against the plan, and communicate the reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans to Project Management
- Supervise the implementation of Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract
- Prepares and presents Critical Items Actions Report and other reports using Project Data Analysis.
- Accountable to Program and Project Management
- Accountable to the Corporate Project Controls Manager
- Accountable to the project team for communication on all Project Controls matters
Education & Certifications:
- Accredited four (4) year degree in technical field or equivalent work/education experience
- Five to ten years of experience with 5 years leadership experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Project Management Scheduling Professional and Risk Management Certification (S) are desirable.
Experience & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Requires experience with Excel, Deltek, COBRA, and primavera
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Requires good computer and written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience as a Control Team Lead for a medium- to large-sized project
- May need to travel internationally for project assignments and in support of business related matters
- Maintain a safe working environment. Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting co-workers of such requirements as needed
- Demonstrate ability to get along with coworkers, customers and visitors regardless of their race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age (over 40), handicap or marital status
- The ability to read and interpret documents, write routine and non-routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear The employee is required to sit for part of the day. The employee is Frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and drive
Some flexibility is expected during position’s core work hours. Overtime may be required as job demands.
Must be detailed, well organized, deadline oriented, and comfortable with basic mathematical functions and figures.