Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graphic Designer CO
NOTE: We are thrilled that you're interested in this opportunity. During the COVID-19 Pandemic, our interview and hiring process for this role will be delayed. If you are still interested in pursuing this opportunity, please apply for future consideration. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Responsible for establishing and producing all visual communications, including creating designs and layouts for websites, email communications, logos and on-line interfaces; materials for web-based advertising and marketing campaigns, trade magazines, newspapers, journals, corporate reports, promotional displays, packaging, sales sheets and marketing brochures for products and services, and banners by selecting and arranging photos, type, illustrations and color.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
Graphic Layout and Design
• Work with various departments to determine promotional and graphic needs; determine time-line, layout and best venue for printing; produce sample layout; edit and modify based on feedback; oversee production from initial concept to final print.
• Design and create graphic interpretation of concepts by transforming ideas into creative designs for brochures, publications, technical documents, displays, exhibits, signs, websites and other presentations.
• Meet with supervisor to discuss project requests; prioritize projects based on required dead-lines; develop time-line of projects.
• Meet with cross-functional teams to discuss various projects, including expectations of design, turnaround time, corrections, approvals, etc.
• Ensure all materials and content meet quality standards/requirements and consistently align with current business and marketing strategies.
• Work with various personnel to determine ad design and layout; design and resize layouts for trade magazines, newsletters, newspapers, brochures and other print pieces.
Web Assignment and File Maintenance
• Plan, write, edit, populate and maintain content of corporate websites and electronic mediums
• including Internet and other company websites by updating and adding information, managing existing information, and removing expired content and graphics as needed.
• Maintain a consistent brand throughout all web properties; resize graphics to fit web standards; generate web-ready PDF files.
• Implement and manage special projects, including but not limited to establishing and purchasing domain names and creating on-line forms for special contests or promotions.
• Work with IT and outside agencies in order to maintain content management systems reliability; troubleshoots web server issues to ensure operating efficiently.
• Maintain in-house design files and portfolio; generates web ready PDF files of literature and print archive of projects; maintain database with phone numbers and prices of various vendors; reviews and codes invoices.
• Upload files to the web utilizing CMS; performs web related assignments as needed or required.
• Establish working relationships via phone, email and in person with printing firms, copywriters and photographers in order to negotiate best price; coordinate projects; monitors and tracks production projects to ensure proper and timely completion.
• Attend meetings as required and/or assigned
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of computer software and programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word, PowerPoint, Adobe CS3 or CS4, Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Red Dot and Professional Acrobat
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
• Knowledge of Sales and Marketing principles relating to promoting products
• Strong Knowledge of website management, design and functionality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Skill in working and interacting with personnel at all organizational levels
• Ability to work creatively
• Ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department.
• Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
• College Degree in Graphics Design or related field
• 5-7 years of related graphic experience
Leading the global industry in press pipe fitting technology for industrial, commercial and residential projects, Viega is a respected innovator, manufacturer, and distributor of plumbing, heating, and pipe joining systems solutions. Building on a reputation for international success that is more than a century in the making, we are on the lookout for hardworking, results-driven professionals to join our growing team.
From business development and operations to skilled labor, engineering, and finance, our team welcomes a wide range of professionals who are ready to work hard and reap the rewards of a job well done. Across the board and around the world, our associates enjoy a wealth of benefits and incentives including highly competitive compensation, comprehensive training, continuous professional development support, and numerous work/life balance opportunities.
Do you have the skills to succeed and the motivation to make it happen? We look forward to hearing from you! Be sure to check out our full list of opportunities and join the Viega Talent Network today to stay up-to-date on future openings that match your unique skills and interests.
What is a Talent Network?