Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Global Services & Software - COE
- Builds a high-performance, inspired, team; selects, develops, assesses strong talent, and repositions resources as necessary
- Builds and leads the COE focusing on global services and software innovative solutions across the product suite.
- Delivers to commitments consistently - on time, on scope, on quality – every time.
- Maintains industry knowledge of emerging software and hardware development tools and environment, implements as required they will improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages capital planning and budget for team.
- Manages multi-site development teams while focusing on global product delivery.
- As part of Vertiv's global matrix organization, collaborates with the regional teams and the Services offering teams to ensure newly developed solutions meet customer needs.
- Generates intellectual property and actively submits for disclosures and patents.
- Builds Vertiv brand via publishing technology blogs, participation in industry consortiums, and driving relevant industry standards.
- Build productive relationships across the organization. Model company values with an inspired leadership style that fosters creativity and innovation, promotes high performance teams, and encourages individuals to seek greater responsibility and authority.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or General Engineering, Master's in CS or Engineering preferred.
- At least 15 years' experience leading engineering teams with an emphasis on software development. Service industry emphasis desired.
- Strong executive presence with exceptional communication skills and ability to build diverse relationships internally and externally and excel within a matrix organization.
- Strategic thinking to navigate complex business and customer environments
- Proven track record of strong leadership of software teams, including setting up an innovative, accountable, inspired culture
- Inspirational leader that builds teams and recognized leaders within the company.
- Global experience in a medium to large industrial or technology organizations.
- Analytical skills to understand the impact of market and competitive changes as they affect the offering portfolio and determine a successful course of action.
- Approximately 50% travel to domestic / international sites.
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup.
We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers' business possible.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.