Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Network Security Architect
Eligible for RelocationNo
Vantiv is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer.
The Sr. Principal Network Security Architect will be a member of Vantiv Security Services architecture team with a focus on improving decision-making through collaboration with management, staff and customers on technology strategy, security architecture, and investments in strategic technology.
The individual provides overall direction, life cycle management and leadership for data security architecture and technology. The individual performs the lead role in the identification, analysis, evaluation, life-cycle management and adoption of data protection and security technologies. The Data Protection Security Architect is a key consultant regarding cryptography, tokenization and encryption technologies in the corporate environment, working closely with other security functions to ensure that there is coordination with their activities in technology choices.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Vantiv, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
The Network Security Architect will play a crucial role in setting the strategy and technical direction applied to ensuring that our data and applications remain secure. The role will be responsible for working with our Vantiv Security Services team to ensure that all networks and platforms conforms to disciplined, industry best practices for cybersecurity. This highly visible position will be front and center as we work to continuously modernize our solutions and change the way we apply technology across our systems. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning both solutions built on traditional platforms, such as mainframes, traditional networks, x86 platforms, and more modern deployments on "open" technology stacks.
As a key member of the architecture team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Gaining an understanding of our Current State and Target State Architecture and then working to define a strategy for our technical direction.
- Gather and analyze requirements from product owners.
- Develop Security Architecture for highly scalable and fault-tolerant networks and environments that adhere to expected standards and discipline from a security posture.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable.
- Introduce best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long-term direction.
- Lead and mentor other team members.
- Foster development best practices within the team.
- Identify and drive process improvements.
- Facilitate communication with cross-functional groups.
- Work with our product organization to develop secure business requirements, develop the security architecture and integrate into our longer term platform strategy.
- Define solution level security architecture for project and work with Vantiv's VSS team on reviews and conformance to our security standards.
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation applying the recommended security tools, technologies and techniques. Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the information security space.
- Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases.
Technology included in the area of responsibility include:
- Firewalls and contextually aware firewalls (NGFW)
- Web application firewalls (WAF)
- Forward proxies and web security gateways (SWG / FP)
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Distributed Denial of Service Protection (DDoS)
- File Integrity Monitoring (FIM)
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APT)
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Monitoring Infrastructure - network capture/data aggregation/deduplication/filtering
- Traditional routing and switching (L2 & L3 from Cisco, Juniper and Arista)
- An understanding and basic knowledge of SDN and hybrid IaaS network / security technologies
- Years of Experience: 10+ in various InfoSec/Cyber roles, 5-7 minimum in data protection engineering and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to integrate various security & data protection technologies and controls into a cohesive architecture that sufficiently mitigates risk to the company.
- Deep technical understanding of and experience with security technologies including, but not limited to, intrusion detection/prevention, event correlation, firewall, antivirus, anti-spam, policy enforcement, patch/configuration management, audit, secure application development, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the security controls provided in common platforms and applications in the corporate environment including, but not limited to: Unix, Linux, Windows, IBM Mainframe (z/OS), Oracle, MS SQL Server Microsoft Outlook, J2EE and .NET applications, etc.
- Familiarity with hosted and cloud services, especially SaaS and IaaS services, and the related security implications and control approaches.
- Experience with applicable control frameworks and compliance mandates.
- Executive presence; highly effective communicator; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Strategic thinker; visionary; innovative.
- Excellent operational skills; quality and results oriented.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to communicate clearly end effectively with the technical and business stakeholders.
- Leading and/or participation in teams.
- Convincingly articulates vision and strategy for complex technical undertakings.
- Ability to use personal influence and communications to align technology to business objectives.
- Self-motivated without the need for signification management oversight
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make expert judgments in situations where no precedent exists.