Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TBK Bank
Responsible for training, coaching, and developing retail banking employees in line with the Bank’s strategic plan. Training responsibilities encompass content management, development, maintenance, design and delivery of retail training programs (orientation and ongoing training). Coaching responsibilities encompass individual one-on-one coaching for skills development during the initial training period and supporting post-training coaching, as needed. Works closely with Retail Management to support the on-going development of retail employees and is a key member of the Training & Development Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and lead training classes using a variety of delivery methods. Trainings include new hire training, workshops, on-the-job training, and side-by-side coaching.
- Delivers developed curricula in a consistent manner.
- Displays solid knowledge of banking fundamentals, course content, and materials.
- Must be familiar with all bank policies and procedures that are job related and/or consistent with business necessity.
- Report on progress of team members under guidance during training periods (30/60/90 days, etc.).
- Assist team members with problems concerning "how to" perform specific tasks related to their positions.
- Work with Senior Training Manager regarding content delivery methods and scope of priorities for class schedules and need.
- Maintain the Learning Management System (LMS) including employee records, reports, and training offerings.
- Serve as a backup to monitor required training on a monthly and quarterly basis, providing delinquency and completion reports quarterly to the Senior Training Manager.
- Coordinate with Retail Management and employees to achieve full participation in optional and required training through proper communication channels.
- Responsible for training logistics to include booking rooms for training and non-department trainers, coordinating with IT and Facilities to maintain/update training room issues in the Western Division.
- Classroom Management, pre-class preparation, post class debrief; coach and deliver feedback to participants; escalate concerns to Training Manager, Human Resources, and employee’s direct manager, as warranted.
- Design Retail Banking training related documents, materials, and presentations, as needed.
- Review and edit training content for consistency and design and identify improvement opportunities for course and courseware materials through delivery and proofreading of course materials to ensure procedures, exercises and practices work as written and meets department standards.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
Education, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years recent retail bank experience, with management experience a plus.
- 1 year training and development experience, preferred.
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral, including excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service abilities.
- Ability to resolve problems quickly and with sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as follow direction/instruction, as warranted.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain flexibility in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, escalate issues and remain organized is essential.
- Ability to maintain confidential customer, employee and Bank information in a responsible and secure manner.
- Must be proficient in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and course authoring tools.
- Must be able to travel 30% to training events across our Western, Mountain, and Mid-West Divisions.
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!