Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Mortgage Consultant
at TBK Bank
Individual is responsible to originate mortgage applications from bank branch referrals. The primary focus of the mortgage consultant is to work with personal bankers to help meet the lending needs of the banks existing and new clients. This person can be located in Denver, Loveland, Fort Collins or a nearby area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coach and lead mortgage process in an assigned set of branches. Create a bank partnership with existing staff to help existing and new customer needs. Learn bank products to create cross selling opportunities
- External mortgage origination is encouraged, but not required
- Interviews loan applicants to document income, debt, and credit history
- Requests documents such as income tax return, bank account number, purchase agreement, and property description, for verification
- Determines if applicant meets establishment standards for further consideration
- Informs applicant of closing costs such as appraisal, credit report, and notary fees
- Answers applicant's questions and asks for signature on information authorization forms
- Submits complete application packages to the Mortgage Loan Processor for verification of application information
- Calls applicant or other persons to resolve discrepancies, such as credit report showing late payment history
- Informs applicant of loan denial or acceptance
- Promote and implement the bank's sales culture and service philosophies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four a year college or university; or two to four years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a record of meeting sales goals.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to compute income for borrowers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of mortgage software, database software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
TBK Bank, SSB, a subsidiary of Triumph Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: TBK), is a Texas-state savings bank headquartered in Dallas, Texas that offers consumer and commercial banking products from our 61 branches throughout Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, and Texas. We also serve a national client base through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, which offers factoring, equipment lending, asset based lending, and premium finance solutions for independent insurance agents. We offer discount factoring through our Advance Business Capital LLC, d/b/a Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group, Inc. subsidiary.