Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agricultural Credit Analyst
at TBK Bank
TBK Bank, SSB seeks a qualified Agricultural Credit Analyst whose responsibilities include: (i) underwriting credit approval requests for both prospective and existing agricultural clients; (ii) working with agricultural lending units to ensure ability to accurately evaluate and act on credit applications in a timely manner; (iii) performing ongoing monitoring and inspections on existing agricultural credits to assist TSB in assessing quality of loan portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains and analyzes financial, credit and collateral data to evaluate the current agricultural customer’s loan portfolio and assist loan executives and sales executives on loan requests in order to approve or deny applications.
- Analyzes financial information received from borrowers and other sources, such as reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies and current credit files to determine trends for collectability and profitability of loan.
- Produces initial credit analysis for prescreening review, underwriting, and approval process.
- Assists in reviewing and completing ag collateral inspections and appraisal reviews.
- Ensures open communication and collaborative efforts exist between the lending teams and the credit staff by clearly communicating progress and/or needs in a timely and precise manner.
- Supports loan and credit facility production staff in preparation of written credit proposals and presentation to various credit committees.
- Ensures that all transactions either conform to the Loan Policy or ensure that all policy exceptions are disclosed in credit proposal.
- Ensures existing credit relationships adhere to loan covenants and conditions and that required information is obtained in a timely manner.
- Reviews incoming financial statements on existing customers, updating financial spreads and communicating any concerns with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree is required, with a major in accounting or finance preferred.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in agricultural credit underwriting and financial statement analysis or relevant agricultural experience a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read and interpret agricultural financial statements and budgetary documents.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication skills are required.
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills are essential.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
TBK Bank, SSB, a subsidiary of Triumph Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: TBK), is a Texas-state savings bank headquartered in Dallas, Texas that offers consumer and commercial banking products from our 61 branches throughout Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, and Texas. We also serve a national client base through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, which offers factoring, equipment lending, asset based lending, and premium finance solutions for independent insurance agents. We offer discount factoring through our Advance Business Capital LLC, d/b/a Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group, Inc. subsidiary.