State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEMPORARY Park Maintenance Technician - Golden Gate Canyon State Park
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION (9 MONTHS OR LESS) - PAYING $12.50 PER HOUR (or more depending on experience)
To apply, please submit only your application (without attachments such as resumes or cover letters). This announcement will remain open until FILLED. You are encouraged to apply early.The mission of the Colorado Department of Natural Resources is to develop, preserve, and enhance the state's natural resources for the benefit and enjoyment of current and future citizens and visitors. In an effort to build diversity and inclusion we welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
COLORADO PARKS AND WILDLIFE (CPW)
Our Mission is to perpetuate the wildlife resources of the state, to provide a quality state parks system, and to provide enjoyable and sustainable outdoor recreation opportunities that educate and inspire current and future generations to serve as active stewards of Colorado's natural resources. Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
- Description of Job
Responsible for all general park maintenance and cleaning of public facilities including: restrooms, showers, vault toilets, cabins & yurts, campsites, picnic areas, trails, etc. Operates and performs routine maintenance on State owned vehicles and equipment. Assures quality customer service and facility maintenance, repair and cleanliness. Provides information and assistance to visitors. May assist with carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical work and transporting materials and supplies. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- If position requires operation of a motorized vehicle, must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Willing to work outside, sometimes in inclement weather.
- Must be able to lift 75-100 pounds repeatedly during the course of a single workday.
- Knowledge of power tools and hand tools preferred.
- Knowledge of small engine and other equipment maintenance and repair preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certifications may be required.
- Must be able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The park may provide some uniform items, however, employee may be required to purchase some items at their own expense.
This position will perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- Supplemental Information
- CPW is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
E-Verify employer: The Department of Natural Resources participates in E-Verify in accordance with the program's Right to Work for all newly-hired employees Employees are queried through the electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify identity and employment eligibility. You may complete section 1 of the I-9 form upon your acceptance of a job offer letter, but no later than your first day of employment and in addition, on your first day, but no later than the third day, you are required to submit original documents to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact by phone or email at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Toll–Free Applicant Support - Technical Help
If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g. uploading or attaching documents to your online application) call NEOGOV at 855-524-5627, Mon-Fri between 6 am and 6 pm (Pacific Time). Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files and second, close the document before you attempt upload (attach) it. The Human Resources Office will be unable to assist with these types of technical issues.