State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Aide- Business Office Manager- Colorado Veterans Community Living Centers at Fitzsimons
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
This is a temporary position
This announcement will close on the listed date or once 50 applicants are received, whichever comes first
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado.
Our Culture & Environment
Our vision is that the people of Colorado will be safe, healthy, and prepared to achieve their greatest aspirations. Through our core values listed below, CDHS staff are committed to:
- Making decisions with, and acting in the best interests of the people we serve, because Colorado's success depends on their well-being
- Sharing information, seeking input, and explaining our actions because we value accountability and transparency
- Managing our resources efficiently because we value stewardship
- Promoting a positive work environment, and supporting and developing employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado's success
- Meaningfully engaging our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes
- Committing to continuous learning because Coloradans deserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow
Office of Community Access and IndependenceCO State Veterans Community Living Center at FitzsimonsOther services include: Long-Term Care, Alzheimer's Care, and End-of-Life Care. Serving veterans, their spouse and eligible "Gold Star" parents. The Veterans Community Living Centers are committed to caring for the whole person by addressing the personal and social needs of each resident, as well as their physical and medical requirements. All staff members of Fitzsimons are committed to providing a life of quality and dignity for every resident.
The Colorado State Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons is located in the Denver Metro area. Fitzsimons is a 180-bed facility providing skilled nursing care and a specialized 21-bed short-term rehabilitation unit. Fitzsimons is one of 8 State Veterans Nursing Homes.
- Honors the service of our veterans and the sacrifices of their families in an environment of dignity and respect
- Create and maintain a extraordinary resident centered atmosphere where quality and process improvement are central to the delivery of care.
- Description of Job
This position exists to be the manager of the Business Office. This position reviews and analyzes accounts receivable, accounts payable, time keeping, collections, and month-end close. This position prepares the Month-end close process, including journal vouchers in CORE system. This position reviews and approves receiving report, cash receipt, and preparation of various reclassification entries. This position helps the facility to gather any information that Division needs. This position will help to track any expenditure in the facility to prevent the OVOL situation. This position prepares all procurement and contract management documents pertaining to the facility prior to approval. This position assists with the development of such procurement documents as Scope of Work, Documented Quote, Sole Source Justification, waivers. This position attends monthly Fitzsimons Advisory Board Committee meetings, and others to report on the financial status of the facility. This position relays information to facility staff regarding State rules and regulations as they relate to financial matters, specifically procurement and contract management. This position assists the time keeper within the Business Office relay information to facility staff on time keeping issues.
- Oversees accounts receivable, accounts payable, time keeping, collections, and fixed assets.
- Focuses on cross training staff in each area, current list of Medicaid eligible residents for staff and providers.
- Oversees the reporting of income and status changes to County Department of Social Services, and ensures all title XIX regulations are followed with regard to billing and eligibility.
- Oversees regular billings of Medicare, Medicaid, Hospice, Department of Veterans Affairs, and resident room and board.
- Oversees resident banking, petty cash, and donation functions.
- Assures policies and procedures pertaining to each are understood by staff and being followed.
- Reviews the VA Per Diem Billing.
- Determines established accounting processes and guidelines in the handling of accounting problems pertaining to procedural questions and accounting standards for Colorado Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons. Determines if the department is in compliance with State and Federal policies and procedures and is implemented on a monthly basis.
- Resolution of A/R-Medicaid accounts and the aging report by meeting with staff for monthly review. Resolution of A/R-Medicaid accounts and the aging report by meeting with staff for monthly review. Communicating and coordinating with Management and staff the procurement and contract management processes, rules, and regulations the facility must comply with.
- Attend monthly Donation Meeting, prepare the JV (Journal Vouchers) for donation in CORE and reconcile donation account with bank statement. In addition, this position handles the Donation Petty Cash Box.
- Monitor the donation account to assure that any type of payment are within financial regulation.
- Coordinating with Donation Committee to ensure that any decision made by Donation Committee follow the Rule and Regulation.
- Prepare the Purchase Order and Contract.
- Draft procurement or contract documents, including Request for Proposals, Information for Bid, documented quotes, personal service waivers, sole source justifications, etc. prior to being forwarded to Nursing Home Administrator, Division Director, Budget Director procurement office or contract management for approval and signatures.
- Reviews expenditures regularly to assure compliance with approved encumbrance amount of procurement or contract amounts.
- Analyze and review vendor adherence to the contracts on a quarterly basis, including meeting with department managers whom work with said vendors on a regular basis
- Determines if the department is in compliance with State and Federal policies and procedures and is implemented on a monthly basis.
- In addition, determines if the department is compliance with Colorado Procurement Code, Regulations, and Bulletins pertaining to purchase goods and services and Colorado Fiscal Rule.
- Communicating and coordinating with management and staff the procurement and contract management processes, rules, and regulations the facility must comply with.
- Manages Business Office. Meets with staff on monthly basis to review aging, expenditure and time keeping issues as they affect staff in the department and the facility. Directly supervises these positions for planning and evaluating performance, issuing corrective actions, resolving informal grievances and initiating disciplinary actions. Develops performance planning and evaluation forms specific to these services. Meets regularly as a group and one-on-one.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- The Colorado Constitution, Article XII, Section 13 requires that applicants for state classified government jobs be residents of Colorado.A Human Resources Specialist will only review the Work Experience section and the Supplemental Questions of the online job application to determine your eligibility of meeting the qualifications for the position that you are applying for. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the official State of Colorado application form, but may be attached. Do not use "see resume" or "see attached" statements on your application.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in accounting.
- Four years of professional accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution which included 27 semester hours of accounting or auditing coursework will substitute for the degree requirement.
- Additional appropriate experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Current, valid licensure as a CPA by the Colorado Board of Accountancy will substitute for the degree requirement and two years of the professional accounting experience.
- Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Definition of Professional Experience: Work that involves exercising discretion, analytical skill, judgment, and personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, and sharing an organized body of knowledge that characteristically is uniquely acquired through an intense education or training regimen at a recognized college or university; equivalent to the curriculum requirements for a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in or pertinent to the specialized field; and continuously studied to explore, extend, and use additional discoveries, interpretations, and application and to improve data, materials, equipment, applications and methods.
Conditions of Employment:
- Medicare/Medicaid billing experience
- Long-Term Care Medicaid, including PETI program, personal needs
- Experience as Business Office Manager in long-term care
- 3-5 years experience supervising others
- Pre-employment Physical –TB Test
- Full Background - Name check, TRAILS, Drug Screen and Fingerprinting
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume to their application. Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process.
Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Supplemental Information
Comparative Analysis Process
The Assessment Process:
Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees are hired and promoted through a comparative analysis. The comparative analysis for this position will include a review of your application material and your responses to any supplemental questions. Applications and responses will be reviewed by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assess and rank applicants in order to establish an eligible list for referral to the hiring manager for final consideration.
Be sure the "Work Experience" section of your application is complete and specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, and accomplishments as they relate to the Description of the Job, Minimum Qualifications, Required Competencies and Preferred Qualifications as listed above. Resumes and "see resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of the "Work Experience" section of the application. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions by the closing date may result in your application not being accepted and/or may affect your score, rank or inclusion in the final pool of eligible applicants.
If you have transcripts, a license or other relevant documentation regarding your qualifications, upload and attach copies to your application.
Note: Transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements are required to apply and participate in the selection process.
If you have recruitment questions about this position please contact email@example.com
"ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Bridget Clawson Braaten at 303-866-4373 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date."
~The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer~