State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graduate Nursing Program Assistant
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
The purpose of the School of Nursing is to provide quality undergraduate and graduate nursing education programs. Graduates from these programs are prepared to provide quality health care in a variety of settings.
The job of Nursing Graduate Program Assistant provides administrative and clinical practicum requirements site support for the Graduate Program Coordinator, faculty, staff, and students. Responsibilities include:
- Being point of contact for graduate program inquiries
- Assisting Graduate Program Coordinator as requested
- Administering the application and admission processes
- Managing agency contracts
- Managing Request for Job Offers
- Monitoring and reporting currency of student records and clinical requirements
- Maintaining up-to-date student files
- Description of Job
- Answers inquiries about all graduate programs; screens and directs calls for the Graduate Nursing Program Coordinator.
- Registers, works through enrollment issues with all prospective graduate students via phone, email, and face-to-face interactions.
- Coordinates the graduate application and admission processes with university departments such as the Admissions Office and Registrar.
- Works with university attorney to create and maintain contracts with numerous health care agencies that provide clinical experience for graduate students.
- Creates request for job offers and job offer letters for all nursing adjunct and full-time/part-time faculty.
- Monitors electronic graduate student records for currency (includes background checks, immunization records, drug screens, CPR & ACLS, certificate, licenses, etc.).
- Maintains up-to-date student electronic files includes noting special instructions/discussions in the file.
- Maintains organization of all graduate archive and current documents
- Supervises 1-2 work study students.
- Monitors department website for accuracy of both undergraduate and graduate information and updates site as needed.
- Attends regularly scheduled graduate faculty meetings and maintains minutes.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff and faculty and staff meetings.
- Researches the internet for data and prepares tables/charts for reporting as requested.
- Other duties as assigned such as:
- Assists with special events (research day, convocation, graduation, hooding, etc.)
- Assists with accreditation self-study and visits as requested
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Competent in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Blackboard and Web-master skills
- Basic skills working with audio/video and other multimedia software
- Able to quickly learn new software programs used to track student and clinical requirements
- Knowledge of university nursing programs
- Knowledge of federal policies (FERPA, HIPAA, etc.) and university policies such as transfer evaluations and degree requirements
- Experience working in a college/university environment
- Supplemental Information
All interested candidates must apply through the on-line application system. No other format of application materials will be accepted.
Applicants must attach the following documents, in order to be considered for this position:
- a letter of intent (cover letter);
- a current resume or CV;
- an unofficial transcript; and
- three professional references with contact information to the on-line application.
Early submission of application materials is encouraged. Screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, though all applications received by 4 p.m. (MST) on Monday, July 21, 2020 will be given full consideration.
About Colorado State University-Pueblo
Colorado State University-Pueblo is a comprehensive state university with an enrollment of 4,000 students. CSU-Pueblo provides relevant professional coursework and superior instruction with a small professor-to-student ratio for an ever-changing global economy. Students can choose from 28 undergraduate programs with 70 fields of study in the College of Science and Mathematics, the Hasan School of Business, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the College of Education, Engineering, and Professional Studies and 10 graduate programs.
CSU-Pueblo is equally committed to serving the diverse population of the region; this emphasis is reflected in the demographic characteristics of the student body. Because more than 25 percent of our students are Hispanic, the Federal Government has designated CSU-Pueblo a Hispanic Serving Institution. Besides reflecting our commitment to serve this critically important and rapidly-growing segment of the student population, that designation also allows the University to compete for certain federal grant funds to support its ability to better serve all students. The University also seeks to provide a rich and diverse cultural environment that allows freedom of expression within a spirit of civility and mutual respect. The public service expected of all members of our community benefits our society - local and global - and builds our sense of citizenship.
Among its unique features, CSU-Pueblo is one of seven schools in the nation to offer a degree in mechatronics, which combines electrical and mechanical engineering. The Hasan School of Business ranks among the top 15 percent of all business schools internationally with graduate and undergraduate programs in business administration accredited by the AACSB International Board of Directors. The College of Education, Engineering and Professional Studies houses an undergraduate engineering program that was ranked in the nation's top 100 by U.S. News and World Report. CSU-Pueblo has an ever-changing campus landscape that features a newly renovated Library, a new general academic classroom building, and a newly renovated and expanded student center.
At CSU-Pueblo, Student Life offerings have increased significantly with the transition of the campus from a commuter environment to a more traditional collegiate experience. Competing at the NCAA Division II level, CSU-Pueblo is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and offers 22 varsity intercollegiate sports and also has active intramural and club sports teams that allow students to get involved in campus life.
About Pueblo, Colorado
The city of Pueblo is a historically and culturally rich, diverse city of more than 100,000, located in the southern part of the state along the Arkansas River near the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Cristo range. Pueblo enjoys ideal year round climate with four distinct mild seasons, crisp mountain air and 300+ days of sunshine per year. Pueblo attracts outdoor enthusiasts to a full slate of summer and winter recreational activities, encompassing water sports at Lake Pueblo, biking or running along Pueblo's beautiful river trail system, golfing, tennis, hiking or skiing in the mountains to the west. The region is heavily agricultural, with large and small-scale farming and ranching, and a diverse mix of service, manufacturing, and technology industries.
CSU-Pueblo is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history (felony and misdemeanor), national sex offender search, and/or motor vehicle history. Candidates who are extended an offer of employment must submit to and pass a background check prior to beginning employment. Some positions depending on the job duties may be required to complete a DMV and/or credit check.
The University reserves the right to check additional references, with prior notification given to the candidate.
Note: The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
It is the policy of Colorado State University-Pueblo to provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations, please contact the Human Resources at (719) 549-2441 or email@example.com.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the University's annual security report is available at: https://www.csupueblo.edu/campus-safety.
Colorado State University-Pueblo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Additionally, the University complies with all other relevant, federal, state, and local laws regarding employment practices.