State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fort Lewis College School of Arts & Sciences Dean's Administrative Assistant III
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
FORT LEWIS COLLEGE
Office of the Dean of Arts & Sciences
- Description of Job
Fort Lewis College, a selective public institution located in Durango, Colorado, offers degree programs in arts, business, education, health fields, humanities, social and natural sciences, and teacher education. Our inspiring mountain campus is located atop a scenic mesa overlooking historic Durango and situated between the San Juan Mountains and the desert Southwest. We are committed to accessible and high-quality baccalaureate education, and our hallmarks are remarkably close relationships between students and faculty, the freedom of intellectual exploration, and the challenge of experiential learning. Our 3,400 students come from 48 states, 17 countries, with 36% Native American and Alaska Native backgrounds, and 11% Hispanic backgrounds. Durango is a thriving multicultural community of 18,500 set along the beautiful Animas River Valley. Averaging 300 sunny days per year, the community is known for its outdoor lifestyle and friendly, festive atmosphere. Durango is also the cultural and economic hub of the Four Corners region, rich in dining, shopping, and entertainment, and linked with airline service to hubs in Denver, Phoenix, and Dallas.
Summary of Job Duties:
Dean Support, Events and Travel 40%
- Processes check requests, budget change requests, journal vouchers and reallocation of funds within the School of Arts& Sciences budget
- Responsible for Sodexo (campus catering) invoices for all academic departments within the School utilizing procurement card and reallocating when necessary
- Prepares and processes Dean's List and faculty salary letters utilizing mail merge
- Works with FLC Foundation with fund transfers, deposits and balances from funds or grants that are transferred from the Foundation to a specific School of Arts & Sciences org code
- Pulls and saves the OCE reports and emails them monthly to the academic department chairs and administrative assistants
- Responsible for the Arts calendar for Theater, Art and Music and sends out utilizing listervs, updating listservs when necessary
- Responsible for all travel for the School of Arts & Sciences including knowing travel budget, forms and documentation, creating and maintaining travel spread sheets, reviews and revises all travel forms for the School of Arts & Sciences following Fort Lewis College polices including explaining them and their requirements to faculty
- Acts as a receptionist to the Dean's Office, scheduling appointments, answering questions and collecting information
- Provides administrative support to the Arts & Sciences Associate Deans including class scheduling, tracking department schedules and checking compliance using Excel spreadsheet
- Works with general education class scheduling by calculating available seats per term
- Coordinates Independent Study petitions and requests for grades of incomplete and sending information to Registrar's Office
- Determines which faculty are up for review, creates charts and sends out information to all involved parties
- Ensures faculty submits materials on time, and all reviews are complete and correct
- Prepares any needed correspondence from the Dean
- Maintains faculty files in the Dean's Office
- Prepares copies needed for Academic Affairs and submits them in a timely manner
- Performs assigned special tasks by the Dean such as research on travel by academic department and/or program
- Arranging meetings to discuss a new program offered by the college
- Archives online course evaluations
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Three years of experience of full time general clerical experience in an office setting.
- Administrative work experience in higher education
- Experience working with Banner or other relational database system (please list within your application materials what databases you have used)
- Procurement card purchase and reconciliation experience
- Management of multiple budgets
- Travel arrangement and reconciliation
- Office 365 experience
- Work experience with diverse audiences or under-represented groups (Please include within your application materials a separate statement of how your work experience demonstrates that you have worked successfully with diverse audiences and people from under-represented groups. In your response, please be sure to include specific examples and the duration of time performing these duties)
- Active listening skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (please list within your application materials the level of your experience with Excel, the types of formulas you have utilized, whether or not you have imported and exported data, used pivot tables. etc.)
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- A final job offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check. All background checks will be conducted in accordance with Fort Lewis College policy.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
- Supplemental Information
All Applicants Please Note:
- You must submit your application by the posted job announcement closing date. Fort Lewis College uses email as its primary form of contact. Please provide a valid working email on your application, otherwise, please provide valid contact phone numbers and a valid mailing address.
- Fort Lewis College is not responsible for incomplete faxes, lost mail, lost or deleted emails, and does not accept postmarks.
- You are responsible for checking your spam filter and/or junk mail for incoming emails from Fort Lewis College and this application website.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application but may be used to supplement information to the application. Failure to submit properly completed documents by the closing date of this announcement may result in your application being rejected.
- Former employees of Fort Lewis College or any other State of Colorado Department or Agency, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information on his/her application.
The Assessment Process: Colorado Revised Statutes require that all state employees be hired and promoted through comparative analysis of merit and fitness. Part or all of the assessment for this position will include a review of your application material.
- Applications will be reviewed by a Human Resource Specialist and/or Subject Matter Experts to determine if you meet the minimum requirements for the position. They may also use the application material to assess and rank applicants who meet the minimum requirements, to cut to a top group for additional assessment, or establish an eligible list for referral to the hiring manager for final consideration.
- Be sure your application material specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments as they relate to the Job Duties, Education and Experience Requirements, Preferred Qualifications, Required Competencies and Conditions of Employment sections as listed above. Upload additional pages if necessary to fully explain your experience and accomplishments. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions by the deadline for application may result in your application not being accepted for this position and may affect your inclusion as a qualified candidate in any of step of the selection process and placement on the eligible list.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Trish Grogan by phone 970-247-7423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Fort Lewis College does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political beliefs, veteran status, pregnancy, or genetic information. Accordingly, equal opportunity for employment, admission, and education shall be extended to all persons. The College shall promote equal opportunity, equal treatment, and affirmative action efforts to increase the diversity of students, faculty, and staff.
Notice to Prospective Employees:
The Fort Lewis College is required by the Clery Act of 1990 to notify prospective employees, current employees, students and applicants where to access our Campus Security Report. The report is updated and published annually in accordance with the Higher Education Amendments of 1998, Federal Student Right-to-Know, the Federal Drug-free Schools and Campuses Act of 1989. This report contains information about:
- Fort Lewis College's alcohol and other drug policy
- Sexual assault policy
- Campus security policies
- Campus/community resources
- The Colorado Riot Offense Statute restriction on enrollment
- Where to find registered sex offender information
- Crime statistics for the previous three calendar years
- Reporting crimes
The Campus Security Report can be accessed in two ways:
- By going to the internet website at: www.fortlewis.edu/AnnualSecurityReport
- Fort Lewis College Student Affairs Office will also provide a paper copy of the annual security report upon request. You can reach them at (970) 247-7331.