State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian I @ UNC 7/2019
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
The University of Northern Colorado is located in Greeley, Colorado, population over 100,000, an hour's drive north of Denver, and within driving distance of the Rocky Mountains. UNC has an enrollment of over 12,000 students who attend classes on the 250-acre campus, and is large enough to provide true University opportunities, and small enough to treat students and employees as individuals. State classified employee benefits include medical, dental, life, flexible spending, PERA retirement, and tuition waiver for employees and dependents.
- Description of Job
* * * THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT COLORADO RESIDENTS. * * *
ALL RELATED JOB EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS AND NO INFERENCES WILL BE MADE. PLEASE BE DETAILED WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
This announcement may be used to make multiple hires for current and future Custodian I vacancies. The eligible list may be periodically refreshed to maintain a current pool of interested candidates. Please note that you may be contacted for multiple vacancies, both full-time and part-time, throughout the use of this posting.
- Clean building common areas, offices, conference rooms, various other meeting rooms and special function areas.
- Trash pickup/removal.
- Vacuum carpeted floors and shampoo when necessary.
- Sweep, dust and wet mop hard floors.
- Clean windows, window sills, water fountains, walls, baseboards, and stairwells.
- Dust, clean, and arrange furniture according to plans.
- Empty cigarette receptacles, sweep/clean up cigarette butts outside buildings.
- Snow removal at entries.
- Respond to emergencies to assist in clean up.
- Daily cleaning and restocking of restrooms.
- Fill soap and paper towel dispensers.
- Clean sinks, counters, toilets, urinals, partitions, mirrors, showers, and tubs, and disinfect restroom surfaces.
- Weekly deep clean of restrooms to ensure restroom is totally disinfected.
- Annual cleaning of every student room/apartment within every residence hall on campus.
- In the summer, prepares rooms for guests staying in the rooms.
- Preparation of the rooms requires fresh linens and bathroom supplies, setting furniture correctly, and making sure room is clean and presentable.
- Remove soiled linens and trash, vacuum and sweep floors, clean furniture and counter tops, and ensure bathroom sinks are thoroughly cleaned.
- Keeps supervisor informed regarding inventory, equipment maintenance or repair needs.
- Use equipment with care, keep clean and store in designated locations.
- Keep custodial closets clean, organized, and well-stocked.
- Submit time sheets appropriately, legibly, and on schedule.
- Works closely with supervisor, attends classes and training as recommended or required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or other Housing Administrative Staff.
- Work closely with resident hall directors and resident assistants (RA's) to ensure buildings are kept clean and safe for all occupants.
- Custodial staff rotates being on-call for a week duration to assist with problems/issues occurring after normal work hours.
- Staff also assists outside contractors and vendors when they are on campus and need assistance or accompanies while in the resident halls.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Six months of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
- Supplemental Information
Important note: Applications are part of the selection process and will be reviewed by a Human Resource professional to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job announcement. Clearly document in the "Work Experience" and "Education" sections on your application any and all specialized work experience, skills, education, and accomplishments that relate to the position duties and minimum qualifications. No inferences will be made regarding your education or experience, only what is stated and provided in your application materials will be used to evaluate your qualifications.
Conditions for Employment: All potential University of Northern Colorado employees may be subject to successful completion of a background check, motor vehicle record review, ErgoMed physical, and/or a drug test.
Required Notice: In compliance with the Clery Act, the most recent University of Northern Colorado Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online and a paper copy can be requested at the UNC Police Department. This report contains crime statistics and policy statements related to safety, conduct processes and Title IX investigations.