State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNA/Client Care Aide II at Fitzsimons Veterans Community Living Center (36+ hrs/week)
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
- These positions are open to Colorado Residents only.Department Information:
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado. In addition to a great location and rewarding and meaningful work, we offer:
- Employee wellness programs
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more
Our Culture & Environment:
Together, we empower Coloradans to thrive.
To serve Coloradans through bold and innovative health and human services.
The Colorado Department of Human Services will:
Make decisions with, and act in the best interests of, the people we serve, because Colorado's success depends on their well-being.
Share information, seek input, and explain our actions because we value accountability and transparency.
Manage our resources efficiently because we value responsible stewardship.
Promote a positive work environment to support and develop employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado's success.
Meaningfully engage our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes.
Commit to continuous learning because Coloradans deserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow.
Office of Adult, Aging and Disability ServicesCO State Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons
Visit us online at: www.colorado.gov/cdhs/veteranshomes/fitzsimons
Take a virtual tour of our facility: http://www.fitzveterans.com/
The Colorado State Veterans Nursing Home at Fitzsimons, located on 15 acres of the former Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, is a state-of-the-art nursing home serving veterans and their spouses. We are committed to caring for the whole person by addressing the personal and social needs of each resident, as well as their physical and medical requirements. All staff members of Fitzsimons are committed to providing a life of quality and dignity for every resident. We offer free employee parking and easy access to RTD routes.
- Description of Job
Client Care Aide II's provide basic hands-on nursing care in a safe, clean, infection controlled environment.
Primary Job Duties:
Direct Resident Care
- Provide direct resident care including bathing, dressing, undressing, assisting in and out of bed, performing personal hygiene, feeding programs, toileting programs, range of motion, transporting, and interacting socially to meet residents' basic needs.
- Explaining patient care before, during and after contacts; answering call lights; and assessing basic resident care needs; updating noted resident changes; recommending routines and schedules to IDT Team.
- Report to the charge nurse resident's change of condition
- Perform basic resident observations, vital signs, blood pressure, weight, intake and output, basic skin assessments.
- Provide infection control, implementing/using universal precautions, disposal of waste. Clean linen room and equipment, stock supplies, complete supply forms
- Correct use of safety/positioning devices, side rails, transfer belts, proper use of equipment, attend on-going staff education programs.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- A high school diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year of professional experience as a CNA or performing similar duties/assignments of a CNA
Necessary Special Requirements:
Education and Work Experience Substitutions:
- Must possess a valid CNA license issued from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
- A valid nurse aide certification (CNA) from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies for the high school diploma or GED ~or~ A valid practical nursing license (LPN) from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies or any state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact for the nurse aide certification (CNA) can be substituted for the education and work experience
- Knowledge and ability to appropriately carry out assigned resident care based on the residents' conditions; to use judgment and to accurately recognize, report and record relevant resident information.
- Knowledge and ability to recognize urgent or emergent resident care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DON, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Knowledge of quality standards, procedures, and protocols
- Knowledge of specialized client care applicable to the work situation
- Skill in initiating, performing and completing assigned duties in providing care to residents.
- Skill in administering prescribed medications and performing treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Ability to effectively work with an elderly patient population of varying physical, mental and emotional abilities and staff from multiple work units in the facility to achieve quality care planning and delivery
- Ability to observe, identify and respond to the resident's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
- Superior verbal, listening and written communication skills with all health care providers, residents, families and general public.
- Demonstrated ability to display professional conduct at all times when dealing with fellow staff members, patients, families and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Long-term care/nursing home experience is highly desirable
- Effective problem solving skills
- Must pass a Colorado Bureau of Investigations and a Federal Bureau of Investigations background check as a condition of employment. Included in the background check is a current and/or previous employer check. Your current and/or previous employers within the past 10 years at a minimum must be listed on your job application (most recent in descending order), even if the job or duties are unrelated to the position for which you are applying. Incomplete employer information (address, phone number, and supervisor) or omission of former employers may result in a disqualification of your application.
- Must pass a Drug Screen, including a screen for marijuana.
- Must pass TB test.
- Must possess a Colorado Driver's License.
- Must maintain a current and active Registered Nurse License.
- Must maintain a current CPR Card and perform CPR adequate compressions and ventilations per CPR guidelines.
- This position is "Essential Service Designation": you will be required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare.
- This position has shift work: day, evening and night shifts to include holiday and weekends as needed.
- This position requires on-call work on weekends.
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Supplemental Information
- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself, this includes completing the job history of the application. Applications left blank, do not include your work history or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered in the minimum qualifications review. All relevant experience MUST be shown/listed under the "Work Experience" section of your application and not in the Supplement Questions.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process. Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
Comparative Analysis Process:
The comparative analysis process for this position may consist of a structured application review, telephone interview and/or structured interview. Candidates who most closely meet the job requirements will move through successive stages of the process. Applicants will be notified of their status via email following each stage. Please make sure that your email remains up-to-date since all notifications regarding this position will be via email.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at https://spb.colorado.gov/.A standard appeal form is available at: https://spb.colorado.gov/. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
For Recruiting questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
CDHS is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this
commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable
accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application
process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the
employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested
accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require
reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing
for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Nancy Schmelzer, at email@example.com or call 1-800-929-0791.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g. uploading or attaching documents to your online application) call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627 Mon-Fri between 6 am and 6 pm (Pacific Time). Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt upload (attach) it.~THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER~