State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Care Aide I - CNA - at Rifle Veterans Community Living Center
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
- This position is open to current Colorado residents only.
**Now Hiring! Stable work, job security, amazing benefits, and the chance to make a difference!**
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado. In addition to a great location and rewarding and meaningful work, we offer:
In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer excellent benefits:
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including a PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan www.copera.org plus 401(k) and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Employer supplemented Health Savings Account
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Discounted RTD EcoPass (Denver Metro locations)
- BenefitHub state employee discount program
- CafeWell employee wellness program
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training and more
Office of Adult, Aging and Disability Services
- We believe in a people-first approach: To serve the people of Colorado, we develop a culture and work environment that creates an energized, inspired, and healthy team capable of giving their best to Coloradans.
- Balance creates quality of life: We want our team to be resilient through a supportive workplace that values flexibility, health and wellness, and employee engagement.
- We hold ourselves accountable: We take responsibility through our actions, programs, and results for the state of health and human services in Colorado.
- Transparency matters: We are open and honest with employees, our partners, the Coloradans we serve, and the public.
- We are ethical: We abide by what is best for those we serve by doing what is right, not what is easy.
- Collaboration helps us rise together: We work together with all partners, employees, and clients to achieve the best outcomes for Coloradans.
CO State Veterans Community Living Center at Rifle
The Colorado State Veterans Community Living Center at Rifle is located on Colorado's western slope in the scenic Colorado River valley. Rifle offers a mild climate, with plenty of clean mountain air and beautiful blue skies. Amidst this setting, the State Veterans Community Living Center at Rifle provides 89 beds of skilled nursing care, including a 18-bed Special Care Unit for residents with Alzheimer's Disease or related conditions. Serving veterans, their spouse and eligible "Gold Star" parents, we are committed to caring for the whole person by addressing the personal and social needs of each resident, as well as their physical and medical requirements. All staff members of Rifle are committed to providing a life of qualify and dignity for every resident. At the Colorado State Veterans Community Living Center at Rifle, our staff is known for showing love and compassion to our residents. Giving residents a hug, holding their hand or sitting next to them on them on the arm of a chair are just a few of the ways we give care that comes from the heart.
Rifle Veterans Home is looking for Client Care Aide I's to join our Nursing team.
- Description of Job
Client Care Aide I's are in training to learn how to perform the duties of the position.
Examples of Essential and Important Duties:
- Perform basic assessments, i.e. vital signs, blood pressure, weight, etc.
- Report any health issues/changes to the supervising nurse
- Assess basic resident care needs
- Taking care of a resident's personal hygiene, including bed, bath, shaving, nail care, etc.
- Help patients with activities of daily living, toileting, feeding, walking, etc.
- Transporting patients to their appointments
- Keeping the resident's home environment clean and safe
- Bringing the resident to therapy areas, dining room, etc.
- Turning bed ridden residents to prevent bed sores
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- A high school diploma or GED
- Current, valid certification as a Nurse Aide (CNA) from the Department of Regulatory Agencies will substitute for the high school diploma or GED.
- Required to obtain a CPR card.
- Knowledge and ability to appropriately carry out assigned resident care based on the residents' conditions; to use judgment and to accurately recognize, report and record relevant resident information.
- Knowledge and ability to recognize urgent or emergent resident care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DON, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Knowledge of quality standards, procedures, and protocols
- Knowledge of specialized client care applicable to the work situation
- Skill in initiating, performing and completing assigned duties in providing care to residents.
- Ability to effectively work with an elderly patient population of varying physical, mental and emotional abilities and staff from multiple work units in the facility to achieve quality care planning and delivery
- Ability to observe, identify and respond to the resident's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
- Superior verbal, listening and written communication skills with all health care providers, residents, families and general public.
- Demonstrated ability to display professional conduct at all times when dealing with fellow staff members, patients, families and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Long-term care/nursing home experience is highly desirable
- Effective problem solving skills
- Must pass a Colorado Bureau of Investigations and a Federal Bureau of Investigations background check as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a Drug Screen, including a screen for marijuana.
- Must pass TB test.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted Colorado Driver's License.
- Must maintain a current CPR Card and perform CPR adequate compressions and ventilations per CPR guidelines.
- Must obtain CNA license within 120 days after completion of training.
- This position is "Essential Service Designation" and you will be required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare.
- This position has shift work: day, evening and night shifts to include holiday and weekends as needed.
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
If you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at https://spb.colorado.gov/.
A standard appeal form is available at: https://spb.colorado.gov/. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
- Supplemental Information
- How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume to their application.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process.
Comparative Analysis Process:
The comparative analysis process for this position may consist of a structured application review, and a structured interview depending on the number of qualified applicants.
For recruiting questions, please contact email@example.com.
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
ADAAA Accommodations: The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.CDHS is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Nancy Schmelzer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-929-0791.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g. uploading or attaching documents to your online application) call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627 Mon-Fri between 6 am and 6 pm (Pacific Time). Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt upload (attach) it.
~THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER~