State of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Addictions Counselor II at CMHI-Fort Logan
at State of Colorado
- Department Information
This position is only open to current Colorado State Residents
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado. In addition to a great location and rewarding and meaningful work, we offer excellent benefits:
In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer excellent benefits:
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits
- Medical and dental health plans
- Employer supplemented Health Savings Account
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- BenefitHub state employee discount program
- CafeWell employee wellness program
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training and more
*Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more
information, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
Our Culture & Environment
Our vision is that the people of Colorado will be safe, healthy, and prepared to achieve their greatest aspirations. Through our core values listed below, CDHS staff are committed to:
- We welcome applications from social workers with interest and experience working in the public sector with historically underserved clients who have experienced severe and persistent mental illness. We encourage and welcome applications from candidates from diverse communities as well as those social worker who may speak a second language.
- Making decisions with, and acting in the best interests of the people we serve, because Colorado's success depends on their well-being
- Sharing information, seeking input, and explaining our actions because we value accountability and transparency
- Managing our resources efficiently because we value stewardship
- Promoting a positive work environment, and supporting and developing employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado's success
- Meaningfully engaging our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes
- Committing to continuous learning because Coloradans deserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Fort Logan (CMHIFL) actively seeks to bring together individuals with diverse thoughts, ideas and backgrounds and to promote an inclusive environment that will generate innovation, greater job satisfaction and, most importantly, continually improved patient care. CMHIFL is a 94 bed psychiatric facility located in Denver that is dedicated to meeting the needs of the community by providing mental health treatment to the adult population in the metro area. The mission of CMHIFL is to provide the highest quality mental health services to adults with complex, serious and persistent mental illness within the resources available. CMHIFL is dedicated to providing Trauma Informed Care and promoting the implementation of Trauma Informed Practices within the organization.
- Description of Job
About this Work Unit:
The purpose of the work unit is to provide the delivery of substance use disorder assessment, evaluation, education, and program development throughout the Institute.
Summary of Position:
The Social Work/Counselor II position is an advanced practice assignment which designs and implements psychosocial and substance disorder education to adult patients utilizing a high degree of expertise and independence. Services provided include: 1) individual, family, and group therapies; 2) affective education; 3) collateral contact with community agencies and individuals; 4) discharge planning including financial benefits development, placements, and other resource development; 5) assessment of substance use disorders; 6) active participation in the development of 9 individual treatment plans; 7) active participation and further development of the CMHI Ft Logan Recovery Continuum; 8) Interface with the Trauma Informed Care Department. 9) and potentially provide acupuncture services.
- Provide ongoing substance abuse education to patients in individual, family, and group settings in order to enhance positive mental health growth and stability and to achieve and maintain a substance-free lifestyle.
- Develop reciprocal relationship with CMHI Ft. Logan treatment teams, in order to design individual treatment plans and discharge plans. This requires participation in meetings with the multidisciplinary team.
- Collaborates with team Social Worker in advising mental health centers, substance disorder outpatient programs, probation departments, families, Department of Human Services and significant others of progress, anticipated treatment duration and recommended course of treatment.
- Assist in discharge planning through addressing legal issues, linking to support systems, and selecting appropriate placement and follow-up outpatient programs. Transporting clients to outside agencies, community based substance abuse, or dual diagnosed support systems.
- Assist in designing and implementing hospital-wide substance disorder treatment activities for CMHI Ft. Logan . Requires participation in regular meetings of the CMHI Ft. Logan Recovery Continuum. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete substance use assessments and required progress notes.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Current, valid certification as a Level III Addiction Counselor (CAC III) from the Colorado State Board of Addiction Counselor Examiners.
- One year of experience as a certified addiction counselor.
- Current, valid licensure as an Addiction Counselor (LAC) from the Colorado State Board of Addiction Counselor Examiners will substitute for the CAC III certification and one year of the required experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Full Background - Name check, CAPS, TRAILS, Drug Screen and Fingerprinting
- Requires Pre-employment physical: Health Screen at Fort Logan and TB Testing
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver License
- TRAVEL- Trainings, meetings, transporting patients
- Essential Services Designation – Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare.
- May need to be able to deal with potentially aggressive patients. May need to be assigned to perform social work services on treatment teams throughout the hospital as needed to assure continuity of care and appropriate coverage related to workload demands and availability of staff on other units. May need to work evenings or weekends to meet the needs of patients, family, and institution. May need to receive calls for information or advice regarding assigned patients outside of normal working hours.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume to their application. Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process.
Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Supplemental Information
Comparative Analysis Process
The Assessment Process:
Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees are hired and promoted through a comparative analysis. The comparative analysis for this position will include a review of your application material and your responses to any supplemental questions. Applications and responses will be reviewed by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assess and rank applicants in order to establish an eligible list for referral to the hiring manager for final consideration.
Be sure the "Work Experience" section of your application is complete and specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, and accomplishments as they relate to the Description of the Job, Minimum Qualifications, Required Competencies and Preferred Qualifications as listed above. Resumes and "see resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of the "Work Experience" section of the application. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions by the closing date may result in your application not being accepted and/or may affect your score, rank or inclusion in the final pool of eligible applicants.
If you have transcripts, a license or other relevant documentation regarding your qualifications, upload and attach copies to your application.
Note: Transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements are required to apply and participate in the selection process.
If you have recruitment questions about this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
"ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Bridget Clawson Braaten at 303-866-4373 or email@example.com at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date."