University of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Teacher - Fisher Early Learning Center
at University of Denver
The Fisher Early Learning Center is one of the most distinctive early childhood learning centers in Colorado. As a part of the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver, we are uniquely positioned to provide a warm and loving environment that is specifically designed to deliver cutting-edge and evidence based programming for infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children. We are an inclusive setting and value diversity.
The Substitute Teacher is a non-benefited, part-time position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year. The substitute teacher will assist the Master and Associate Teachers with the daily functions of running of a classroom. The Substitute will also provide in classroom support and guidance in the absence of a classroom teacher, and always in collaboration with the other Fisher teachers in the classroom.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to interpret and communicate the curriculum in written format.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong teacher/child interactions.
- Must be able to make decisions regarding the health and safety of the children and colleagues in the classroom, and when to notify supervisors or families when concerns arise.
- 6-12 months of experience working with children ages 0-5 years old in an early childhood setting or home environment.
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or a related field.
- Twelve semester hours in college-level credits in child growth and development and/or ECE. 1395 verified hours of experience in the care and supervision of four or more children under six years of age who are not related to the individual.
- Current certification as a Child Development Associate (CDA) or Certified Child Care Professional (CCP) or other Department approved credential.
- Student currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or a related field.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. For questions about the position, please contact Hema Visweswaraiah at Hema.Visweswaraiah@du.edu.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.