University of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Professor of the Practice (Open Rank), Director of MSW@Denver - Graduate School of Social Work
at University of Denver
The Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver invites applications for a Professor of Practice who will serve as Program Director of the MSW@Denver online MSW program. GSSW’s curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social and economic justice and racial equity. GSSW is pleased to expand its impact in those areas through the addition and growth of our online MSW program, which we deliver through partnership with 2U, Inc., which is the industry leader in online education.
Applications are invited for an open rank Professor of the Practice, non-tenure track faculty position, to direct the MSW@Denver program. GSSW seeks a colleague whose deep understanding of the trends in higher education is paired with innovative ideas, teaching acumen, and management and leadership skills. This position leads all activities of the MSW@Denver program, and coordinates the program with 2U. The applicant must reside in Denver, as the program is managed out of the Denver campus where 2U also has a regional office. This position works closely with GSSW’s Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Offices of Admission and Field Education, and the Registrar and Student Support Services. Applicants must be able to work weekends and evenings as required for this twelve-month appointment. For more information about GSSW, our curriculum, and the University of Denver, please visit www.du.edu/socialwork.
Candidates who have experience with diverse populations that will contribute to the diversity of our academic community are encouraged to apply.
- All candidates must have an MSW degree with a minimum of 10 years of social work or other human services-related work experience. Within that social work experience, preferred candidates will have a minimum of three years of administration and program management experience.
- Candidates must have higher education teaching experience, including online teaching experience.
- Candidates must be strong project managers, demonstrate leadership skills for facilitating collaborations across programs, and have supervisory experience.
- Applicants with experience collaborating with an online program vendor are preferred.
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately. Early application is advised. Position responsibilities will begin ideally in January 2019, though the start date is negotiable.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Confidential inquiries may be directed to the search committee chair, Leslie Hasche, PhD, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Leslie.Hasche@du.edu.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter that illustrates their interests and expertise in teaching, curriculum and student development.
- Three letters of reference and teaching evaluations (if available). These specific documents should be submitted directly to the dean's office:
Amanda Moore McBride, MSW, PhD
Morris Endowed Dean and Professor
University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work
Craig Hall 306 2148 S. High Street
Denver, CO 80208
PLEASE NOTE: The online application system is limited to uploading 5 files total. Please combine content (clearly labeled) if necessary to upload all required content.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.