University of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Parking Enforcement Specialist
at University of Denver
Enrich the University of Denver's global prominence and community impact through excellence in innovative Facilities Services.
Through exceptional customer service, we provide sustainable stewardship to the university community that creates an engaging and thriving environment to learn, live, teach and work.
- Stewardship:We effectively use all resources to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. We work in a safe manner using equipment and procedures as appropriate and encourage others to do the same. We maintain confidences and protect the security of operations and assets by keeping information confidential and equipment/facilities secure. We demonstrate efficient use of time, equipment, and other resources with a focus on sustainable operations and best practices.
- Teamwork:We work together cooperatively in support of our mission. We value individuals and their contributions to the team and treat each other with respect and dignity. We actively work to create and support an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. We communicate honestly and openly, listen attentively, and assume responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately. We encourage cooperation, collaboration, and co-ownership of success.
- Professionalism:We earn the trust of others through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency. We exhibit a courteous, conscientious and businesslike manner in the workplace. We actively endorse and support DU's mission and work to fulfill its vision, mission, and goals. We pursue professional development to increase expertise and improve our capabilities to deliver improved job performance.
- Service: We contribute to the success of others by responding in a courteous, timely and accurate manner, seeking assistance when necessary to create a positive DU experience that exceeds the expectations of students, and internal and external contacts. We understand that our performance directly affects the future of DU and strive to perform to enhance the DU experience. We embrace a positive attitude and participate through engagement with changes in procedures, environment, or responsibilities.
- Integrity: We accept responsibility for the University's and public's trust and are accountable for individual actions. We conduct ourselves and perform our duties in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner that is reflective and protective of the trust placed on us as stewards of the University's facility related resources.
- Excellence:We strive to achieve excellence in all endeavors and are committed to continuous improvement. We enthusiastically deliver quality services to our customers while consistently seeking to improve those services through creativity and innovation.
- Engagement:We seek to "tell our story" through collaboration, communication, and inclusion with the greater DU community. Through involvement, we ensure the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and neighbors are met and efforts from each department are understood. We take every opportunity to augment the education and research mission of the university through demonstration of real world applications of theories and principles.
The Parking Enforcment Specialist Part-time position, is assigned to Parking and Mobility Services within Facilities and they report to the Field Operations Manager. This position is the supplemental parking enforcement personnel for the University. Their duties include, but are not limited to, parking enforcement and management, customer service, office staff augmentation when needed.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- The Specialist has the primary responsibility for enforcement of parking rules and regulations, traffic flow and management on University property, light maintenance of parking equipment and property, event parking management and the collection of money from all parking meters and pay stations.
- Specialists may be called upon to assist with the administrative operations of the Parking Services Department. These duties may include selling of permits, file and records management, collection and counting of cash receipts and/or any other duties that may be assigned.
- Enforces relevant state statutes, city ordinances, and University regulations.
- Renders assistance to members of the campus community as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, or customers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages as well as to create and interpret graphical charts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in very fluid situations
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that requires individual thought and initiative.
- Capable of facilitating the interactions of diverse needs and complex organization.
- Ability to maintain professional standards and conduct during stressful and often times emotional situations.
- Ability to deliver and follow detailed instructions.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have intermediate computer skills to include experience with Windows based applications, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to successfully complete specialized training.
- Thorough knowledge of simple set-up, adjustment, and operational procedures of work-related equipment.
- Must pass a complete background check to include criminal, driving and employment.
- Ability to deal with customers in person, via email, and telephonically. Must pass a complete background check to include criminal, driving and employment history.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to download pictures from a digital camera, sort and upload pictures to parking software
- Ability to understand and enforce policies and procedures, recognize situations that might require consultation with a supervisor.
- Ability to stay calm under occasional stressful situations and respond to customer concerns in a professional manner.
- Ability to use electronic devices and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; ability to deal with irate, high-maintenance customers; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in related field
- One to two years of law enforcement, campus safety or parking experience
- Experience in parking enforcement at a University
- Experience with T2 Flex and ARMS software
- Varied, part-time
It is the policy of Parking Services that all uniformed staff maintain a level of physical fitness to perform job related tasks that they may be called upon to do in the performance of their duties. In accordance with the policy, a job related physical and physical assessment test administered by a University approved physician will be completed upon acceptance of employment with the Department. It is the responsibility of the employee to remain in such physical condition that they can successfully complete the test at any time.
Must maintain fitness standards to ensure the ability to provide emergency and conduct other physically demanding assignments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and run, climb stairs and must routinely lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include correction to 20/30 vision, close vision, distance vision, night vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be of sufficient physical stature to assist with installing and removing a vehicle immobilization device (boot). Bicycle patrol is considered routine during the summer months.
As a field-based position Parking Enforcement Specialist Part-time routinely work outside in all weather conditions. This position may be assigned to any shift or combination of shifts as is deemed necessary by the Field Operations Manager or members of the department's senior management group. May be called upon to work additional hours to cover shifts or provide special event coverage. This position requires dependable attendance; absenteeism and tardiness as described by department policy are not acceptable
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume or application
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.