University of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Professor - Graduate School of Social Work
at University of Denver
GSSW is a collegial and progressive community of scholars who conduct a range of research with diverse populations across the life cycle and who are committed to excellence in teaching. The School’s curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social and cultural diversity and social work values and ethics. GSSW provides a supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and community-based research. Cross-disciplinary opportunities abound as evidenced by the University’s Impact 2025 strategic plan.
Applications are invited for two tenure track faculty positions at the assistant professor rank for Fall 2019. The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) at the University of Denver (DU) seeks faculty members with a commitment to excellence in impactful research, teaching, and community engagement to join our school. Applicants across a range of expertise are invited to apply.
The faculty at GSSW engages in major collaborative projects locally, nationally, and internationally. In addition, the Denver metropolitan area and state of Colorado offer excellent opportunities for research addressing a variety of populations. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff. As such, we especially encourage people from historically underrepresented populations to apply. For more information about GSSW and DU, please visit www.du.edu/socialwork; the University’s diversity statement can be found at www.du.edu/chancellor/vision/diversitystatement.html.
- Candidates must have an earned doctorate in social work or a related social science discipline by September 1, 2019; a developing agenda of publication, research, and extramural funding; and potential for excellence in teaching across the MSW curriculum.
- An MSW and two or more years of post-MSW practice experience are preferred.
Applications will be reviewed beginning September 12, 2018, and early application is advised. Position responsibilities will begin September 1, 2019.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Confidential inquiries may be directed to the search committee chair, Professor Eugene Walls, at email@example.com.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter that illustrates their interests and expertise in teaching and research. GSSW is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive educational environment. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
- Two samples of written/published material in which the candidate contributed substantially to the writing and conceptualization of the manuscript.
- Three letter of reference and teaching evaluations (if available). These specific documents should be submitted directly to the dean's office:
Amanda Moore McBride, MSW, PhD
Morris Endowed Dean and Professor
University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work
Craig Hall 306 2148 S. High Street
Denver, CO 80208
PLEASE NOTE: The online application system is limited to uploading 5 files total. Please combine content (clearly labeled) if necessary to upload all required content.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.