University of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Faculty, Emergent Digital Practices
at University of Denver
The Emergent Digital Practices program brings together art, design, media, culture and technology studies in a hands-on, collaborative environment. Technology links academic disciplines with professional fields and joins shared communities with our personal lives in many new and exciting ways. To understand and explore this landscape, we infuse the digital practices of making and writing with contemporary critical approaches to cultural technologies, media philosophy, the critique and investigation of electronic and new media arts, and studies in science fiction, trans-global politics and science.
The Emergent Digital Practices program is seeking individuals for our Adjunct Instructor pool. We are looking for individuals to teach our foundation-level studio courses specializing in Digital Imaging, Time-based Media and Creative Coding. The positions are for the fall 2018, winter 2019, and spring 2019 quarter. Course availability varies by quarter and are dependent upon the teaching needs of the program. Courses typically meet twice a week for 3 hours per class. We are especially interested in instructors who have previous experience teaching in these areas in higher education settings.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
The pay for this position is $4,000 per course.
- Successful applicants will be required to teach individual undergraduate foundation courses within the EDP Program.
- Capture student outcomes in Canvas Learning Management System.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Successful candidates will demonstrate through their portfolio of works an understanding of, and experience creating, experimental digital art.
- For Imaging: creation and manipulation of images with raster and vector image editing software packages. We have adopted and teach with Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.
- Experience with other vector and raster software packages will be helpful but not required.
- For Time-based media: creation and manipulation of sequences of images, audio, transitions, and basic video/audio editing. We have adopted and teach with Final Cut Pro and Audacity.
- For Coding: scope and sequence appropriate for creative coding leading up to and including the manipulation of variables, arrays, classes and objects. We have adopted and teach with Processing and P5.Js.
- Master’s degree in an associated field.
- Previous teaching experience teaching digital creation courses in a higher education setting.
2 Computer Laboratories with 15 student workstations and 1 teacher workstation each, MacOS with 1 or more projector to the front.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until all openings have been filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter - Please include which areas you are applying for within your cover letter.
- CV (including software proficiencies).
Please contact William Depper, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.