University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Maintenance I
at University of Colorado Boulder
University ofColorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Facilities Management - Parking & Transportation
Job Title: Transportation Maintenance I
Position #218437 –Requisition #13718
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstratedcommitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectivelywith students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Facilities Management hasan opening for a full-time, State classified Transportation Maintenance I position.
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campusis a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We awardnearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professionaldegrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academicreputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The universityreceives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to thewide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz inAurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degreeprograms are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart ofdowntown Denver—one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver islocated steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo Districtaffording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic,professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Read moreabout us here.
This position exist to perform a varietyof tasks related to the general and specialized care and maintenance of thecampus roads, streets, parking lots, parking structures, and equipment asnecessary to permit day to day parking, traffic and roads operation, includingparking and roads sweeping, picking up trash, pavement repairs, pavementpainting, installing and maintaining signage, replacing light bulbs, completinglight inspection reports, performing snow removal either manually of byoperating heavy duty trucks or skid steer, loaders, backhoes, ice meltingmaterials and equipment.
This positionalso assists with traffic control during special event including commencement, providingthe labor force necessary to keep a safe and sanitary work environment andproper and timely set ups for functions at the Anschutz Medical Campus.
Examples of Work Performed:
Parking Maintenance (60%)
Tools and equipment maintenance, potholerepairs, striping, crack sealing, light inspections and repairs, weed control,elevators cleaning, parking lots sweeping and power washing, snow removalfunctions, signage installation, others. Use appropriate and establishedtechniques to remove snow and ice from campus parking lots by using heavy dutytrucks with plow, tractors, front end loaders, bob cats, ice melting solutionsapplications with spreaders, others.
Road Maintenance (30%)
Maintain a clean, safe, and functioning street and roads at the AnschutzMedical Campus. Tools and equipment maintenance performpower sweeping and power washing, light inspections, striping, signage, andsnow removal, street repairs including pothole, crack repairs and seal coating,set up traffic control barricades and devices.
Use appropriate and establishedtechniques to remove snow and ice from campus roads and loading docks by usingheavy duty trucks with plow, tractors, front end loaders, bob cats, ice meltingsolutions applications with spreaders, others.
Storm Sewer (5%)
Complete storm sewer inspection report,clean street curbs and gutters, clean inlet pit as needed, remove dirt anddebris from manholes around the Anschutz Medical Campus.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
Special events duties including assist with food cateringdeliveries, emergencies response, others. Participates and assist in emergencybased on the magnitude and nature. Support various special events both inparticipation and during the event (i.e. Commencement) may be assigned otherduties as required. Remove snow and ice from loading docks ramps and steps.
Salary & Benefits:
HiringSalary Range: $2,922-$3,500 / month (non-negotiable)*
*Thesalary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above theminimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employeeshired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The Universityof Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefitsprogram, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. Youmay be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for upto 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for aninterview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-listreferences.
The University of Colorado Denver |Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring asafe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. Toassist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for allprospective employees.
The Universityof Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus iscommitted to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty andadministrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture ofinclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.
Please make sure to include thefollowing in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, andaverage hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40hour/week basis.
- At least two (2) years of total experienceoperating heavy duty equipment
- Examples of acceptable experience:
- Experience plowing snow with trucks and/or operating other snow removal equipment such as snow melting
- Experience operating road maintenance equipment such as street sweepers, power washers and/or pothole patching
- Experience operating forklifts, aerial man lifts, backhoes, bobcats, farming tractors and/or other large construction equipment or trucks with a gross weight of 18,000 lbs. or over
- Experience performing minor maintenance and upkeep on the same or similar equipment as listed above
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Stateof Colorado Driver's License
- Colorado lawrequires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado atthe time of application
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and drug test
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident, incident, or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies
- NOTE: This position has been designated as essential personnel, “Subject to call 24 hours per day, seven days per week” and may be required to carry a cell phone. Position may also be required to “Stay over late” or “Come in early” to “Cover” shifts, as needed and may be required to respond to any emergencies as needed. If hired, you will be required to provide effective off-hours phone contact info for emergency call-in purposes.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. occasionally, and up to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 20 lbs. constantly
- Must be willing and able to walk, stand, use manual dexterity, and eye/hand coordination constantly
- Must be willing and able to sit, climb, crawl, kneel, bend, reach, push, and pull frequently
- Must be willing and able to work outside, exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather, and in high, exposed places
- Must be willing and able to work with others and effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be willing and able to work in small, confined spaces and work around machinery or moving equipment
- Must be willing and able to operate equipment and vehicles
- Experience thatdemonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently withminimal supervision
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and the ability toestablish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds
- The ability to managemultiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with personsof diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to handle stressfulsituations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form which includes the abilityto check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Physical abilities
Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.