University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Professional Research Asst
at University of Colorado Boulder
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
School ofMedicine, ACCORDS
ImplementationProject Coordinator/Sr. PRA
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
Nature of Work:
The Implementation Project Coordinator is responsible for providing coordinationsupport to ACCORDS/ Department of Family Medicine for a PCORI-funded DiabetesShared Medical Appointments (SMAs) Pragmatic Clinical Trial. This position willbe assisting the Implementation Project Manager and Practice Coach in workingwith both the study team and practices in implementing two different forms ofSMAs at practices throughout Colorado. The Implementation Project Coordinatorwill engageparticipating practices in implementing research protocols, aid inimplementation of the intervention in practices, support participating practicesfor diabetes SMA implementation activities, including conducting assessments ofpractice structures to inform practice redesign and facilitation of the projectimplementation with clinic staff, with the goal of getting practices ready forparticipation in the PCORI Diabetes SMA Project. Additionally, this positionwill provide technical assistance to practices around clinical workflows,development of the shared medical appointment team and implementation of thediabetes education program, as well as data collection, and managing trainingsessions. This position will also be the liaison between practices and the CUstudy staff, and will help ensure that research protocols are followed bypractices. This is a 1.0 FTE position
Thisposition reports directly to the Implementation Project Manager and receivesguidance from the project research team.
Examples of Work Performed
1) Project Implementation Technical Assistanceand Training
Provide technical assistance anddirection to integrated primary care practices and community mental health centerhealth homes in their participation in the Diabetes Project. Facilitatemeetings between study staff and practices for designing implementation withthe core practice implementation team, providing technical assistance,answering general questions and developing the implementation plan for eachpractice. Work with other research teammembers to schedule and coordinate the diabetes education trainings andadditional practice facilitation with the Practice Coach.
2) Practice Facilitator Coordination
Facilitates and coordinates theplanning and implementation of quality improvement and practice redesign inregards to a diabetes group visit model, implementing the study protocol,tracking intervention fidelity, and coordinating practice level datacollection. Supports the Practice coach in identifying practice strengths andneeds, and works to pool resources to implement a diabetes SMA model. Supports completionof various assessments before starting project implementation and as necessarythroughout the life of the project to measure progress. Coordinates practicetrainings related to practice redesign, quality improvement and elements of diabetesSMA model and provides technical assistance to clinical team members in regardto the diabetes SMA model implementation. Facilitates the collection of data asneeded based on study protocol from practices.
3) Communication and Relationship Management
Establishes, manages and fostersdeveloping relationships among the implementation team members. Identifiesissues that may require intervention, and assists practice members with workingthrough issues related to implementation. Is responsible for:
- Moderating discussions andfacilitating decision-making and problem solving
- Modeling good communicationskills with practice staff
- Supporting sharing of best practicesbetween partners
Other related duties as assigned by the Implementation Project Manager,Practice Coach, project principal investigators and research study team.
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication and note taking skills.
- Ability to maneuver group dynamics and influence decision-making.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks with independentjudgment based upon a complex set of competing time and resource requirementsand to handle changing workloads and demands as necessary.
- Exceptionalprofessional countenance and the ability to establish and maintain effectiveworking relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Strongorganizational skills with attention to details and accuracy.
- Abilityto maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion withinformation, including PHI.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master's degree with 3 years relevant experience.
- Minimum two years' experience working in an outpatient primary care orhealthcare research setting.
- Experience with quality improvement processes (e.g., plan-do-study-act[PDSA]) and workflow redesign.
- Stronganalytical, problem-solving and decision making skills; ability toindependently apply judgment and take action.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Outlook).
- Ability to envision innovative ways of doing things and able toassertively challenge the status quo while maintaining excellent workingrelationships with team members.
- Experience working with community primary care clinics and/or communitymental health centers.
- Master'sDegree in Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, Communications, Public Health orother related discipline.
- Trainingand/or experience in Implementation Science and/or PracticeTransformation/Practice Facilitation and Quality Improvement.
- Familiarity with elements of comprehensive primary care and patientself-management support.
- Experience in population management.
- Experience with team training related to self-management support andteam-based care.
- Experience in quality data infrastructure and health informationtechnology.
- Experience in diabetes prevention and education.
- Experience with working with multidisciplinary teams that include physicians,diabetes professionals, behavioral health professionals, and peer mentors.
Workis completed in an ambulatory primary care clinics and community mental healthcenters, and in administrative office areas of the clinic. Travel to offsitemeetings is required up to 25% of the time. Physical requirements of job include prolonged periods of sitting,extensive typing, computer work and light lifting.