University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Materials/Supply Chain Manager
at University of Colorado Boulder
*Applications areaccepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver lAnschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Departmentof Dermatology, Gates Biomanufacturing Facility
Materials/Supply Chain Manager(Facilities Manager)
The Department of Dermatology, GatesBiomanufacturing Facility has an opening for a full-time, University Staff(unclassified) Materials/Supply Chain Manager (Facilities Manager) position.
TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutionsnationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus,designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts theCollege of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, andPublic Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and twohospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciencesresearch park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutzoffers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and fivefirst-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside facultymembers who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expertclinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for researchand innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards eachyear and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since2002. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The GatesBiomanufacturing Facility is seeking a Materials Management/Supply ChainManager for our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility/warehouse. Thiscritical and fast-paced position will facilitate proper inventory levels basedon demand and forecast, control inventory value, champion continuousimprovement initiatives, and pursue cost reductions. This position will leadthe Materials team by providing leadership, support and training, as well asbeing the representative of the department in business-related discussions. TheMaterial Management/Supply Chain Manager will facilitate existing supplierrelations, cultivate new partnerships and work as a member of the Quality team to assist in executingstrategic purchasing. The Materials Management/Supply Chain Manager worksdirectly with the Directors of the Quality and Operations groups to ensure acontinuous supply of materials to maintain adequate inventory levels to enableGMP Cell Therapy and Protein production runs.
The Supply Chain Manager will also beresponsible for analyzing purchasing processes to evaluate their effectiveness,as well as ensuring compliance with the University of Colorado's procurementpolicies and procedures. This role will also evaluate supplier proposals and overseepurchasing performance based on service, cost, quality, and availability. The Managerstrives to minimize expenses, develop detailed purchasing reports, andrecommend changes to acquisition processes as needed.
Examples ofWork Performed:
- Supervise and participate in the direct receipt, warehousing,quarantine, release and distribution of GMP and research-grade productionsupplies and final products. The ability to work with time/temperaturesensitive and critical controlled materials and suppliers under pressure andwith tight deadlines is essential.
- Directly supervise two material coordinators (2.00 FTE).
- Responsiblefor the management of all aspects of Materials/Supply Chain operationsincluding procurement, inventory management, and timely issuance of material tomanufacturing areas.
- Develop andmaintain an extensive knowledge of materials needs as designated by theDirectors of Cell Therapy and Protein Production, including production trends,needs forecasting, and related conditions.
- Functionas a liaison between GBF and suppliers for all sourcing and procurement relatedcorrespondence (e.g. quotations, purchase orders, contracts, evaluations,rejections, corrective actions, discrepancies, etc.). Involves extensive interaction with University andexternal clients.
- Manage theimplementation and administration of an electronic inventory management system.
- Communicatepurchasing opportunities and potential supply and cost impacts to the CFO,Procurement and Facility Directors, and recommend appropriate actions tominimize any negative impact.
- Perform ongoinganalysis of supplier costs, performance and products. Issue and resolve productcomplaints, and recommend supplier changes as necessary.
- Participateas an essential member of the GBF Material Review Board.
- Foster a cultureof safety and continual improvement through the implementation of safetypolicies and training in compliance with GBF and University compliance andprograms.
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. Thisposition is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information onUniversity benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus isdedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff,students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective employees.
The Universityof Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus iscommitted to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty andadministrative staff.The university strives to promote a culture ofinclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.
- Abachelor's degree in planning, business administration, public administration,facilities management, construction management, or a directly related fieldfrom an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years'of Materials Management/Supply Chain experience with emphasis in one or more ofthe following areas: Warehouse Management, Logistics, Purchasing, Negotiations,Inventory Controls.
- Two(2) years of experience in a supervisory or a team lead role.
Substitution:A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experiencemay be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but notfor the specific experience.
Conditions of Employment:Must be willing and able to…
- Lift, push,and/or pull up to 40 lbs.
- Sit and stand for long periods oftime, frequently walk, and bend/stoop, as well as execute repetitive motions.
- Occasionally reach above shoulder and /or below knee level aspart of routine operations.
- Abachelor's or higher earned degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management,Production Operations, or Business Administration from an accreditedinstitution.
- Fouror more years' of MaterialsManagement/Supply Chain experience with emphasis in one or more of thefollowing areas: Warehouse Management, Logistics, Purchasing, Negotiations,Inventory controls.
- Experienceworking in a fast-paced environment with high inventory turn-over, criticallead times and hazardous/temperature sensitive materials.
- Directexperience with internal and external supplier audits.
- Experienceleading a materials management/procurement team functions in a regulated environment(e.g. GMP).
- Participationin a Lean manufacturing or continuous improvementteam.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills andAbilities:
- Provenability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Advancedproficiencies in Microsoft Excel and proficient computer skills in Word,PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Working knowledge of an electronic inventory management and resourceplanning system (e.g. SAP, etc.) is preferred.
- Must be able toconsistently produce accurate, professional-quality reports; strong analyticalcapabilities.
- Ability toinfluence, customer service, self-sufficiency, effective time-management
- Self-starter,detail-oriented, flexible, professional, can do attitude required.
- Must be able towork with little supervision and use independent judgment.
- Ability to workwell with people and project a professional image to vendors and coworkers.
- Abilityto work in a fast-paced environment
- Stronginterpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstratedcommitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Kia Silverman at Kia.Silverman@ucdenver.edu.