University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lecturer-Digital Design Interactive
at University of Colorado Boulder
This position reports to Visual Arts Department and the Area Head of the Digital Design program.
Digital Design Program's Mission
The Digital Design program integrates aesthetic, creative, and critical thought with expertise in advanced electronic media. Configured as an interdisciplinary arts and design laboratory, Digital Design offers a hands-on education combining new art technologies and design concepts within a concentrated theoretical framework that promotes an understanding of the cultural impact and uses of digital technologies. Through this interdisciplinary approach, combining arts and communication, Digital Design strives to produce artists and designers who will use design in innovative ways both in commercial and artistic spheres.
Examples of Work Performed
Teach courses from introductory to advanced levels of web design, UX and UI to undergraduate design students.
- MFA degree in design, or advanced degree in related field and minimum of three years of professional experience in Design
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in behavioral, UX, UI and or human-centered design
- Excellent facility with graphic applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- 2 – 3 years professional experience working with Interaction Design
- Ability to teach and work with a diverse student body
- 2 - 3 years teaching experience on the college level
- 3 – 5 years professional design experience
- Professional experience with project development, pitch development and or branding
- Experience in Ethnographic Design research
- Scholarly or creative research focused on any of the following: Motion Design, Broadcast Design, Game Design, Sensory Typography, Professional Practices, Design History, Environmental Design, Social Design and Activism, and or Sensory Based Programming
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job posting 04031.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careersThe University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.