University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Colorado Boulder
This position educates current, new, and prospective faculty, classified staff, university staff, retirees and surviving spouses on all of the university and state benefit programs, policies, and procedures by clarifying and interpreting applicable laws, regulations, and contract provisions. This position reports to the Manager of Benefit's Administration and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to
- Serves as a caring problem solver and benefit guide to assist all employees, retirees, and dependents with their benefit inquiries.
- Counsels all new, current, and retired employees as well as dependents on their health, disability, life insurance and retirement benefits via telephone, e-mail, appointment, or as a walk-in customer to enable employees to get accurate information.
- Describes mandatory and supplemental retirement plan options and survivor benefits and explains eligibility and the enrollment process by clarifying and interpreting university and retirement plan policies.
- Serves as a liaison between university, employee, and outside entities (e.g. Healthcare and Retirement Plan Providers) to resolve benefit, eligibility, or claims issues.
- Tracks all work and customer communication using the Cherwell Ticketing system.
- Contributes to communications and website information as appropriate by tracking and reporting frequently requested information or new developments.
- Prepares written information for employees, departments, and vendors as requested.
- Updates and maintains integrity of Human Capital Management (HCM) system's employee and dependent database by reviewing, auditing, and correcting payroll and benefit documents and data entry.
- Prepares adjustments to pay records by preparing and entering adjustments and requesting refunds or one-time payments as appropriate.
- Reviews reports as needed to provide information on topics such as incorrect benefit codes, data set-up, and employee payments.
- Determines appropriate user data entry for transferring (in or out) employees, including determining when to pay out leave balances (or transfer), benefits deductions.
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Ability to deliver high level of commitment to customer service.
- Skilled in developing and delivering customer information.
- Ability to problem solve and provide efficient and effective solutions to inquiries.
- Ability to effectively handle complaint resolution.
- Ability to de-escalate situations that may become escalated.
- Ability to show customer's empathy regardless of the inquiry.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic benefit packages and their impact on employee recruiting and retention.
- Ability to communicate and present relevant details of benefit plans and perks to employees to convey the value of these benefits.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to all University of Colorado campuses.
- Ability to carry and set up laptop computers, printer/fax, and load/unload boxes of materials needed for on-campus seminars.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $48,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Day: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent experience (the educational requirement may be substituted by experience on a year for year basis).
- One (1) year of professional experience in a Human Resources or Insurance related role.
- At least two (2) years of experience in customer service.
- Work experience with the benefits/personnel administration of medical, dental, flexible spending, COBRA, savings plans, and/or defined contribution retirement plans.
- Knowledge about HMO, PPO and POS healthcare plans, IRC Section-125, Flexible Spending plans, ACA and/or COBRA regulations.
- PeopleSoft HCM experience.
For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by Feb. 19, 2019. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*