Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Backend Engineer, Self Driving
- Advanced Technologies Group - Software
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Are you a software engineer interested in working on autonomous driving technologies? Uber’s ATG Boulder needs you to join our team building the most advanced automotive technologies that we can dream up. We’re tackling challenges in live HD mapping, perception-based mapping technologies, and autonomy. Despite being a new site in Uber’s ATG, our team is made up of world-class researchers and engineers with decades of experience. This is your chance to develop ground breaking technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world.
Backend Engineer (Self Driving) - Maps and Computer Vision is a role for a software engineer working on the core platforms, data pipelines, tools, and infrastructure that is critical to the development of self driving cars.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You’ll Do
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of highly skilled group of people all tackling challenges of autonomous vehicles
- Write maintainable and extensible backend code with high quality tests and documentation.
- Build innovative solutions involving huge datasets of imagery and sensor data
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience
- Excellent programming and software design skills (we use Python and C++)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline.
Bonus Points If
- Experience in distributed computing and big data technologies
- Prior work in mapping or other geospatial-related industry
- Prior work in autonomous driving, computer vision or machine learning
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
We are a group of diverse researchers, engineers, and computer scientists working to develop accurate localization and mapping systems for self-driving vehicles. Reliability and scalability are key drivers for us as our software must perform across a large fleet of vehicles in large and diverse operating areas.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.