Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant General Counsel
When everything's connected, how we connect is everythingand we'd like to connect with you too! We're looking for an AssistantGeneral Counsel, TTEC Engage Operations TTEC based in Englewood, CO.
We help global brands provide agreat experience to their customers, build customer loyalty, and grow theirbusiness. We were founded on one guiding principle: customer experiences thatare simple, inspired, and more human, delivering lasting value for everyone.
As a global company, we're alwayson. When one of us is going to bed, our coworkers half-way around the world havealready had their coffee (or tea) and are ready to grab the baton and run withit. We work at a fast pace and we're notones for keeping the status quo. But just because we're busy, it doesn't meanwe don't know how to have fun. We're passionate about throwing company eventsthat bring us together to laugh and celebrate each other's achievements. We're big on taking time out for professionaldevelopment and giving back; and we believe that our family and friends are animportant part of our life that makes us better and support our aspirations atwork. So, if you're looking for a work-life full of purpose, passion and careerpotential, keep reading
WhatYou'll be Doing:
Areyou looking for an opportunity to lead a team of experienced legalprofessionals and support a growing business in its mission to acquire newclients and deliver exceptional service? As Assistant General Counsel for TTECEngage, our largest business segment with $1.3B in revenue, your primaryresponsibility will be to provide legal and contracts support for the sales and operationsfunctions of a rapidly growing business with a global client base. You're
- an exceptional lawyer who is a significantindividual contributor;
- a strong, aspirational leader and mentor;
- a strong negotiator and communicator;
- always positive with a glass that is not just halffull, but is overflowing;
You believe that "can't" and"no" are never the right answers and, instead, offer pragmatic solutions thatallow your clients to balance effectively important revenue and risk managementgoals. You "can do" attitude is balancedby sound experience, and you believe that collaboration among subject matterexperts is the best route to successful outcomes.
This role reports to TTEC General Counsel andChief Risk Officer, with a dotted line alignment to EVP, TTEC Engage and ChiefRevenue Officer. You'll manage a team of at least four professionals responsiblefor domestic and international client contracts, and post-signature legalsupport. As part of the Legal Department's leadership team, you will also haveresponsibilities for continuous improvement of our policies, contracting processesand templates, and our compliance platform.
In this role, you will work closely with TTEC compliance,human capital, tax, pricing and information security departments, and withcolleagues around the globe to deliver best in class ‘risk smart' contracts,that are focused on efficiency and client satisfaction.
Ready to take on a high visibility role thatfrequently interacts with the C-level executives at TTEC and with clients andcolleagues around the globe?
On atypical day, you'll:
- Lead a teamresponsible for the drafting, review, and negotiation of complex domestic andinternational contracts.
- Participate inthe deal process from start to finish to ensure that TTEC's best interests arerepresented, and that through contracts we maintain an appropriate balancebetween reasonable risk and growth goals.
- Analyze and effectively negotiate contract terms that supportour business objectives, while complying with laws relevant to serviceoutsourcing and consistent with TTEC policies;
- Provide adviceand counsel to the executive leadership and key stakeholders with clear focuson enabling our business objectives;
- As an individualcontributor, take on our most complex and important deals; and as a team leader,provide advice and support to you team, consistently training, mentoring, encouraginginnovation, and getting deals done.
- Participate in sales pipeline and strategymeetings to stay abreast of the TTEC sales initiatives and priorities.
- Proactively raise issues, streamline processes,and help drive deal teams to contract closure.
- Stay curious about our business andmaintain your subject matter expertise by constantly learning.
- Promote continuous improvement ofstandard contract forms and templates, contract review and approval processes.
- Support onboarding for Sales. Operations,Legal and Finance talent new to TTEC, by offering engaging overview of how TTECcontracts for business.
- Develop and deliver training on clientcontacts' fundamentals, best practices, relevant policies, and legal andregulatory trends relevant to our business.
- Partner with TTEC Corporate Development team tosupport contract due diligence forpotential acquisitions.
Why You? What You Bring:
- JD degree from an accredited law school, and alicense to practice law in one of US jurisdictions.
- 12 years of relevant legal experience drafting and negotiating complexcontracts, gained while working for an in-house legal team or in privatepractice.
- Experience with business process outsourcing transactions and/orcross-border transactions is a major plus.
- Team management experience.
- Experienceworking with cross-disciplinary functions and colleagues across different timezones and continents.
- Confident leadership with skills in diplomacy, executivecommunication, emotional intelligence, and flexibility.
- Sound judgment, good business acumen, and a practical approachdesigned to balance competing legal andbusiness priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills,focused on getting things done, not on taking credit.
WhyTTEC? What We Offer:
When you join TTEC, you become part of the family. Becausewe want to see you succeed and thrive, we offer benefits and perks to supportyour quality of life, goals, and needs. We want you to
Succeed inYour Role
Because this roleis so critical to TTEC's success, you will have the opportunity to partner withthe incumbent Chief Counsel, TTEC Engage and learn from her extensiveexperience, before she retires in mid-2020 after 20 years with the company. Ourtransition game plan assumes that you will spend your first three months in therole learning TTEC and how we do business, while shadowing the incumbent. Onceyou assume the role, the incumbent will be available to provide support andinput, if needed for another three to four months.
We want you toreach your personal and professional goals and offer financial benefits suchas:
- Healthand flexible spending accounts
- Financial wellness program
- Deferred savings and retirement plans
We believe in investing in our people and theircareer development, which is why we offer a variety of programs that enable youto develop new skills and gain new insights such as:
- Affinity programs that connect employee withsimilar interests globally with learning, and networking opportunities
- Professional development courses in TTECUniversity
- Scholarship program and tuition reimbursement
- Visibility to global career path and internalmobility opportunities
We support healthy living and have the tools andresources to help you such as:
- Wellness incentives
- Company health and wellness programs, includingmental health programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Generous paid time off and leave of absenceprograms
Be the Difference
You'll have the opportunity to make a positive impact in yourcommunity:
- Through our employee-driven global grant program, you'll have theunique opportunity to apply for a grant focused on helping a local educationalorganization that you care about
- Our team helps fundraise and volunteer their time in theircommunities and we support you with donated time.
Formore information about TTEC, visit ttecjobs.com or search #ExperienceTTECthroughout social media to engage in the global conversation.
Notice to external Recruiters and Recruitment Agencies: TTEC does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this web site or directly to any employee. TTEC , and any of our subsidiaries, will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with TTEC .
Employment Requirements: TTEC requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. TTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status