Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member of Technical Staff, Current Product Engineering
Tintri exists to battle the ‘storage quo’.
Over the past decade, virtualization and cloud have totally altered the data center. Storage is the exception. Conventional storage providers have retrofitted their solutions for this new world—and they’re not working.
At Tintri, we challenge convention. That translates into differentiated technology that customers (including 8 of the Fortune 15) adore—our Customer Satisfaction score is >90%. We attract people who revel in seeing old problems in new ways, and who take pride in their work. People like you.
Tintri is looking for a talented software engineer to join our Tintri Analytics team. This position is based in our new Broomfield, Colorado office coming on line in Q4 of this year.
We are looking for a software engineer with excellent analytical and debugging experience in a Linux environment to help the technical support team to resolve technically challenging customer issues. This role requiring the ability to dive into our source code and configuration files for troubleshooting, root cause analysis, maintenance, and qualification engineering work for storage appliances.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Development in C, C++, Bash, and Python on Linux platform for storage products.
- Development in Java, Golang is desirable
- Code analysis & debugging to help Level 3 engineering support in resolving customer cases.
- Work closely with SW and HW engineering teams on problem reproduction, root cause analysis, and resolution.
- Write scripts and tools to assist in problem reproduction and/or testing.
- Understand customer requirements and work towards enhancing the product quality by improving reliability, serviceability & usability.
- Analyzing hardware/equipment issues and troubleshooting them.
- Isolate and resolve defects based on the issues encountered in the field and apply the knowledge towards improving the current & future products.
- Provide on-call assistance as needed.
- Design, develop, and unit test firmware features for the SFA storage controllers.
- Design, develop, and execute unit tests.
- Triage, diagnose, and troubleshoot HW and platform SW problems for storage appliance products.
- Understand Linux security features and monitor public Linux security disclosures. Analyze and fix issues that impact our products.
- 6+ or more years industry experience in software development for maintaining and supporting Linux-based storage appliances and/or production systems.
- Expert in Linux environment including general administration and support, Linux kernel, C/C++ and scripting languages (bash, python), networking, and SAN/NAS servers.
- Strong Java coder.
- Strong debugger of complex systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills especially with complex HW/SW interaction problems.
- Deep & a strong understanding of operating system architecture & principles, as well as storage/server HW architecture.
- Knowledge of cloud storage, cloud computing, data center operations is desirable.
- Excellent analytical & debugging skills.
- Thrives and enjoys working in a high-paced, fast-changing environment.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.