Memorial Regional Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Emergency Dept
at Memorial Regional Health
- RN Required
To provide nursing care within the Emergency Department; coordinates care planning with other disciplines, Triages safely, rapidly and accurately every patient that enters the emergency care system. Provide care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs of patients, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicate with ED physicians regarding changes in patient's status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Ability to perform a head- to- toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.
- Positive and supportive team member to the Business Office and Emergency Department.
- Strive to ensure continual compliance with Departmental and Hospital Policies and Procedures and State/Federal Regulations.
- Participates in mandatory in-services.
- Follows P & P for infection control, safety and risk management to ensure a safe environment for patients, public and staff.
- Can identify & access system to report abuse to employees and/or patients.
- Stocking supplies, checking equipment. Orient to charge system and cost containment efforts.
- Use of two-way radio/pager communications.
- Is able to use all the equipment in ER.
- Assure patient charges are complete and accurate.
- Direct patient care. Implements and utilizes the nursing process (charting), assessment, intervention, evaluation and discharge instruction.
- Completes workload as assigned.
- Act as a liaison between patients, families, physicians and patient care team.
- Respects the confidentiality of patient records and uses complete discretion when discussing patient information.
- Able to translate medication into pediatric dose, use the proper equipment and procedure for the patients size.
- Able to assess the geriatric patient for falls and medication appropriateness.
- Utilizes all departmental forms appropriately.
- Assure patient charges are complete and accurate.
- Accurately administers medication, performs treatment in accordance of standards of care, signs out all narcotics and dispenses according to policy.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures.
- Demonstrate an ability to start IV and monitor IV fluids for correct rate.
- Active participation in education specific to patient diagnosis and need.
- Knowledge of paperwork for transferring of patients to other facilities.
- Able to perform all clerical duties.
- Accurate and concise intra and interdepartmental reports.
- Ability to gather resources within the hospital to provide adequate care.
- Collect, label and transport all specimens appropriately.
- Perform patient callbacks as per protocol.
- Assist in Special Care Unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
o Demonstrates 100% commitment to performing according to the CHOICE values of MRH and representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
o Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with all co?workers.
o Adheres to MRH and department dress code policies and procedures.
o Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
o Completes annual education, training, in-service, and certification requirements; attends departmental staff meetings or reads meeting minutes.
o Maintains regulatory requirements.
o Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
o Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated times.
o Actively participates in departmental and facility performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
o Strives to ensure continual compliance with departmental, hospital, state and federal regulations and policies.
o Follows policies and procedures for infection control, safety, and risk management to ensure a safe environment for patients, public and staff.
o High School Diploma
o Valid Colorado Driver's License
o Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing.
o Current Licensure by the Colorado State Board of Nursing as an RN.
o BLS and ACLS Certifications.
o TNCC within 12 months of employment
o PALS or ENPC within 12 months of employment
o One year of experience as a staff nurse in a Hospital Setting and or Emergency Medicine Services.
o General knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
o Able to learn EMR
Crash carts, lifts, thermometers, Ambu-bag, Urometers, BP machines, backboards/spiders straps, copy machine, pulse oximeter, cervical collars, computer, O2 setups/flow meters, restraints, printer, cardiac monitors, suction setups, paper shredder, defibrillator, IV pumps, NIBP, assorted needles, Pleur Vac and pager/radio.
Mandatory Training & Involvement:
o SWANK Education
- Safety In-Service
- Annual Competencies
- NIMS Training: IS-100Hcb and IS-700A
- Staff Meetings
- Infection Control
- Hazardous Materials
- CHOICE Values
- AIDET + P
- LEAN training