Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Kitchen
Next Door American Eatery in Boulder, Colorado is a comfortable place with an urban feel, bringing a lively downtown vibe wherever we are. Where you can stop by the bar for a beer, grab a quick bite, meet with family or friends, and feel welcomed by caring, fun people. Where you can stop by the bar for a beer, grab a quick bite, meet with family or friends, and feel welcomed by caring, fun people. The Floor Manager helps lead the successful FOH operations and create an environment of fun, warm, and relaxed hospitality. The right person will have excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with employees and guests and be energetic and passionate about the restaurant industry with the ability to manage and inspire staff. The Floor Manager thrives in a fast-paced environment and understands what it takes to succeed in a dynamic restaurant. This person must have experience managing people and be passionate about our philosophy that ingredients should be consciously sourced to ensure the highest quality results.
- Lead the FOH staff in the successful operation of service while embodying the restaurant’s values and culture. Act as General Manager when General Manager is not present in the restaurant.
- Train, supervise, and manage all FOH staff, direct work assignments, and allocate tasks. Determine the systems to be used to maintain proper service standards.
- Monitor and encourage the development of staff skills. Enforce company policies, including policies relating to the conduct of staff. Appraise FOH staff productivity and efficiency. Evaluate employee performance, provide feedback to employees, and discipline employees as necessary. Help and inspire each employee to reach their greatest potential.
- Assist with candidate interviews, new-hire selection, and recommendations for hiring, firing, advancement, and promotion of FOH staff.
- Create a positive work environment for all FOH staff. Promote cohesive teamwork between all employees. Receive complaints or grievances from FOH staff and resolve disputes when they arise.
- Provide an extraordinary customer service experience by making good management decisions based on the knowledge, training, and resources provided by the restaurant.
- Open and close the restaurant. Manage service approximately five shifts each week.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, health department regulations, and all federal/state/local laws. Always follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Communicate service standards, procedures, and systems to FOH staff. Ensure all staff is operating in strict accordance with the restaurant’s recipes and standards.
- Prepare and send daily reports at the end of each shift.
- Perform manager specific duties as assigned, including management of beer, liquor, and wine programs, scheduling, and staff education.
- Communicate with Head Chef and/or Chef on Duty about all kitchen-related issues, menu changes, and updates relating to service.
- Control the flow of service.
- Deal with guest complaints as necessary.
- Develop business management and accounting skills by training with AGM and GM; prepare for the AGM role as the next position with the company.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability, and outgoing nature.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, Aloha POS, Hot Schedules preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory position for a full-service, high volume, urban casual dining restaurant, or other food and beverage establishment with a similar capacity and clientele.
- Having directly supervised at least 30 employees
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly.
- May be required to work in very warm or cold conditions for an extended period of time.
- The ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to serve alcohol.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
- Working with hot, cold, and potentially hazardous equipment as well as operating office equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 45 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Operation of any high-pressure steam boiler or high-temperature water boiler.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Benefits we offer!
- Competitive salary
- PTO and Paid Sick Time
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Store discount
- Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Great Company Culture and Community Involvement!
The Kitchen Restaurant Group is an EEO Employer