Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Kitchen
The Kitchen Bistro in Boulder, Colorado is a pioneering restaurant that source and prepare real food from American farmers. The dishwasher is responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the dish area and helps with additional BOH duties as needed. Our dishwashers support the team and help to create and maintain an exciting, inviting, and progressive environment. This person should be a high-energy, enthusiastic individual who will help to foster connections with friends, family, and the community through service, food and drink. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, eager to learn, and adaptable. We offer a unique, fun environment with the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Responsible for organization, cleanliness, sanitation & maintenance of the dishes, dish area, and related machinery per regulations of the Health Department and the standards of cleanliness put forth by the restaurant.
- Wash, sanitize, and organize small wares, dishes, glasses, silverware, and cooking supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness in the kitchen, dish service area, and storage areas.
- Restock kitchen supplies; notify management when running low on inventory.
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of the restaurant; sweep and clean floors.
- Sort and remove the trash. Clean garbage cans.
- Help unload deliveries and store supplies. Restock supplies throughout the restaurant as needed.
- Assist with the proper opening and closing of the restaurant. Perform related work as requested.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality.
- Communication with the Chef and/or Manager on Duty about all kitchen related issues.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent standards of cleanliness.
- Superior temperament, adaptable nature, and good communication skills.
- Motivated professional with a love for taking care of others.
- Demonstrate integrity in all areas, both personal and professional.
- Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly.
- May be required to work in very warm or cold conditions for an extended period of time.
- The ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
- Working with hot, cold, and potentially hazardous equipment as well as operating office equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 45 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Operation of any high-pressure steam boiler or high-temperature water boiler.
- The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Benefits we offer for Full-Time Employees!
- PTO and Paid Sick Time
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Store discount
- Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Great Company Culture and Community Involvement!
The Kitchen Restaurant Group is an EEO Employer