The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRODUCTION INTERN - TEMP
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
We are currently seeking highly motivated students to join our Boulder team for the summer.
Responsible for the efficient mechanical and electrical assembly of Company products and related sub-assemblies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembles standard products within established times and quality levels, including mechanical assembly, electrical assembly, gluing and packaging.
- Accurately completes all paperwork relating to jobs performed, including, but not limited to, work order forms, Inspection Reports, stockroom requisitions and forms and system data entry.
- Inspects products and sub-assemblies for workmanship and compliance to documentation.
- Cleans work area(s) on a daily basis.
- Enters job transactions accurately and in a timely manner in order to maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Assists with Refurbishment Specialist duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- No experience required.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to read and understand simple assembly procedures and drawings.
- Ability to recognize acceptable and defective assemblies from procedures and drawings.
- Attention to detail with the ability to enter job transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Working Conditions: Encountered on a regular basis as part of the work this job performs.
- Work is performing on a manufacturing floor with some exposure to toxic fumes and chemicals and some risk of electric shock.
- Use of small hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel to assemble product.
- Clear vision at 20 inches or less, ability to identify and distinguish colors, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus are necessary to assemble small parts under a magnifying lamp.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds to move product and equipment.