The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: AURORA II
Compensation Base: $25.33
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, performs general maintenance work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete work.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
- May perform carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures.
- May perform plumbing, heating and commercial air conditioning work in repairing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities, or any other related work requiring these skills.
- May perform electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring or any other related work requiring these skills.
- May perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- May perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
- Maintains records of repairs.
- Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in general maintenance, construction or related area. Completion of equivalent technical or trade school course may be substituted for two years of the required vocational experience.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and procedures, including the ability to interpret electrical prints, diagrams, schematics and to make arithmetic calculations required.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely required.
- Preferred HVAC License
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 21 Years Old
- Must be able to pass Physical, TB, and Drug Screen
- Must have a Valid Colorado Drivers License