The Denver Athletic Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Denver Athletic Club
- Childrens Center
- $12-$16 an hour Compensation based on education and experience
- Full Time
Become a member of a vibrant team of early childhood educators at The Denver Athletic Club Children's Center. We are hoping to add a to the quality experience we offer our kids each day. Highly qualified candidates please apply! If your personal teaching philosophy is consistent with our mission and vision, we would love to hear from you.
DAC Children's Center Mission
Our primary mission is to empower children with the skills and abilities to participate responsibly in this world. The DAC Children's Center staff believes that we can raise responsible young people in partnership with parents and families. Our mission and values come to life as we implement the following best practices:
- Care-giver/teacher child relationshipsare positive because these relationships lay an important foundation for child development.
- Social-emotional competenceis both modeled and taught as caregivers/teachers and children take ownership of these skills to increase success.
- Classroom and outdoor environmentsare areas for adults to respond to children's interests, to promote purposeful play, and to learn.
- Care-giver/teacher family partnershipsare critical in raising responsible children.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Psychology, or Special Education OR Associate's Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education and six months of verified work experience with children in a child development program.
- LEVEL II, LEVEL III, or higher PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIAL ACCEPTED
- Current documentation of education and work experience required (includes evidence of PDIS Profile)
- Current resume required for application.
- Appropriate supervision and responsive teaching skills. Develop learning experiences using Creative Curriculum for Preschool.
- Function as an effective team member with colleagues and communicate regularly with parents.
- Document and assess children in all developmental domains as outlined in the Early Learning and Developmental Guidelines for Colorado.
- Continuously update portfolio and assessment information for all children and use this information to plan learning experiences accordingly.
- Use positive behavior reinforcement strategies and developmentally appropriate techniques to encourage growth and development for all children.
- Differentiate learning experiences through planning or process to meet the dynamic needs of children.
- Report incidents and accidents in accordance with both state law and Children's Center policy.
- Attendance is reliable and consistent.
- Compliance with all Children's Center policies.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Discounted downtown parking and bus pass
- Free meal daily
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- Paid holidays
- Annual holiday bonus party
- Annual employee party
- Bereavement leave
- Discounted rates in our salon
- Discounted rates for massages
- Access to our state-of-the-art fitness center
- Access to GroupX classes
Must be able to pass extensive background check, fingerprinting and drug test.