The Denver Athletic Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Childhood Toddler Teacher
at The Denver Athletic Club
- Childrens Center
- $12-$16 an hour Compensation based on education and experience
- Full Time
Become a member of the team of caring and teaching professionals who:
Empower children with the skills and abilities to participate responsibly in this world. The DAC Children's Center staff believes that we can raise responsible young people in partnership with parents and families.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Understand early childhood and development as a critical phase of life
- Appreciate the bond between a child and family
- Respond to children's needs based on environment, culture, family and community
- Respect the dignity of every individual (child, family member and colleague)
- Honor the diversity of every individual (child, family member and colleague)
- Establish trusting relationships as the base for success
Designs and maintains a physical environment that appropriately supports and nurtures the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of all children.
Establishes positive relationships with all children, recognizing the unique needs of each individual through responsive care-giving practices and implementation of planned, developmentally appropriate lessons based on the Creative Curriculum resource for Infants, Toddlers, and Twos.
Effectively works with teammates to ensure learning environment is kept clean and sanitized as well as warm and inviting including compliance with daily procedures, safety, and health and wellness checks, rotation of learning materials on an ongoing basis to ensure children are engaged in the developmental learning process.
Develops ongoing positive relationships with family members to ensure all stakeholders are aligned in creating rich experiences for children. Specific tasks include daily communication at times of drop off and pick up as well as communication throughout the day via an online daily report tool.
Effective communication skills in the following areas: team member to team member, family member to teacher, teacher to child.
Ability to manage children within ratios as defined by the state of Colorado Problem-solving skills and flexibility are needed to thrive in an environment that is ever changing Consistent implementation of best practices for care-giving and teaching young children
Education / Experience
Infant/Toddler CDA or Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education and experience must reflect the specific age group with which the employee will be working.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Discounted downtown parking and bus pass
- Free meal daily
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- Paid holidays
- Annual holiday bonus party
- Annual employee party
- Funeral and bereavement leave
- Discounted rates in our salon
- Discounted rates for massages
- Access to our state-of-the-art fitness center
- Access to GroupX classes
You must be able to pass an extensive background check, fingerprinting, and drug test.