Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Engineer
- Job ID
Position: Senior Project Engineer
Location: Denver, Colorado
Are you well-versed and extremely knowledgeable of project management in the oil and gas industry looking for your next challenge? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow within a stable, reputable company and lead a team of your own? Then this is the perfect job for you!
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to be a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
This position is a senior project management role responsible for planning, organizing, and executing major and minor natural gas process plant and compressor station projects at the corporate level with a strong focus on safety and environmental issues.Other duties include providing cost estimates, front end planning, project execution, project commissioning and start-up, project reconciliation, and coordinate with various groups to ensure the success of the project. One of the primarily roles of the position is to resolve operational vs. cost or schedule issues and plan and coordinate start-up with operations, which requires a basic understanding of gas plant operations.
- Five (5) years Project Management experience is required. Five (5) years on gas processing projects is required as project manager or engineer.
- Project management skills such as preparing and managing schedules, cost estimating, cost tracking / cost control, and scope management are also required.
- Experience in commissioning, start-up, and operation of gas plants is required so that the project manager can successfully coordinate all aspects of the project with Operations.
- Demonstrate understanding of OSHA regulations and industry standards and practices such as ASME, API, NACE, NFPA, etc.
- A working knowledge of facility design and construction including typical drawings (Plot Plans, Electrical One-line Diagrams, Equipment Layouts, Piping Plans and Isometrics, PFDs, P&IDs, etc.), data sheets, equipment requisitions, instrument lists, equipment lists, equipment and instrument specifications, and operating and start-up procedures.
- General knowledge of construction practices such as excavation, welding, lifting and setting equipment, and tubing and wiring instruments.
- General knowledge of construction inspection practices for concrete, welding, pressure testing, and other integrity tests. A working knowledge of pre-commissioning testing and inspection.
- General Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM), including Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), and Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) is a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.