Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Executive- State and Local Government & Education
at Tableau Software
What you'll be doing…
As an Account Executive you will be responsible for driving sales revenue among and managing relationships with specified customers within the Colorado market. You will represent Tableau, demonstrating relentless customer focus while managing all aspects of the sales process and customer relationship from account planning, lead qualification, management through negotiation and closing, and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team. This role is a quota-carrying sales position.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include...
- Create and execute effective territory and account plans for the specified region/customer base to deliver sales objectives considering: overall opportunities, customer business priorities and anticipated business changes, our unique product capabilities, and value proposition.
- Meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Lead/leverage a matrix account team of Sales Consultants, Business Development Representatives, Services Practice Managers, Marketing, Inside Sales Support, and Customer Success Professionals to develop and manage sales pipeline and enhance customer relationships and value.
- Build and manage strategic partner alliances and relationships as part of the fully integrated account and territory plan.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system.
- Provide regular and accurate reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship with customer accounts of various sizes and industries.
- Drive customer success by developing and maintaining a deep understanding of customers’ business and industry challenges, market competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with leadership, customers, and extended team and partners.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategic planning, sales training, customer marketing efforts, and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 5+ years of field-based enterprise software sales, state & local government as well as education accounts experience.
- Performer. Consistent overachievement of Enterprise-level sales quotas.
- Domain. Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Warehousing, Predictive Modeling, Cloud, SAAS, or similar background/experience.
- Sales Cycle Expert. Complex sales/solution sales and extensive large figure deal experience.
- Excellent Communication. Excellent communication skills and a highly collaborative working style.
- Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!