Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Room Attendant - Seasonal - Full/ Part Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned to Blue Mountain/Westin brand standards, according to our detailed training programs. This position is essential to the success of the Lodging Department because it ensures that we are able to provide our guests with clean rooms and exceed their expectations of lodging service quality.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Hourly rate of $15.90
- Your choice of Full Time or Part Time Hours
- Resort perks:
- Discounted recreation tickets you can share with your friends. Let them enjoy the zip lines, ropes courses and mountain coaster!
- Discounted Golf rounds at Monterra Golf
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Providing exemplary customer service by meeting our four service promises: engaging each guest; providing enthusiastic and friendly service; anticipating guest needs; and taking ownership.
- Perform essential duties of the daily housekeeping services in assigned units and common areas to standard, within specified time limits.
- Cleaning of guest rooms includes: making beds, changing linens as required, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture to original position and replenish amenities.
- Cleaning the bathroom inside the guest room includes: cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, faucets, vanities, tubs, showers, walls and toilets.
- Cleaning the kitchen inside the guest room includes: loading/emptying the dishwasher, cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, taps, dishes, cupboards, fridge, stovetop, oven and microwave.
- Ensure all kitchen inventory is accounted for and replaced/reported.
- Updating and prioritizing rooms to be cleaned.
- Deep Cleaning units annually in a team, including assisting with moving furniture, high dusting and full clean of unit.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining a clean/organized working environment at all times – this includes the linen lock-up, housekeeping carts, vacuums etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as seen fit or directed.
- Clean common area as required (may include night cleaning).
- Handle guests’ complaints and take action to resolve problems – inform leadership when required.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized working and public areas.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Physically fit and able to:
- lift up to 25 pounds on a continuous basis and lift up to 45 pounds (with assistance) occasionally throughout the day.
- Push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100lbs on a continuous basis
- Bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Handle repetitive physical motions, such as standing, sitting, stretching and bending
- Team Orientated
- Proven ability to work under tight time demands
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at work
- Proven guest service ability with an attention to detail
- Previous experience in housekeeping an asset
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain resort is nestled on the shores of Georgian Bay, located 90 minutes north of Toronto. Blue Mountain has become the four-season destination of the North, visited by more than 1.5 million guests a year. Winter at the resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer the largest downhill mountain biking facility in Ontario, Monterra Golf course, Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, Cascade Putting Course, Timber Challenge Ropes Course, Wind Rider Triple Zips and a private beach property among other seasonal attractions. Year-round the resort attracts visitors to more than 1,000 luxury accommodation units and 45 unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in our pedestrian Village. 53,000 square feet of state- of-the-art conference space caters year-round to corporate meeting groups. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company and offers the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.