Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Manager - Year Round - Full Time
at Alterra Mountain Company
The Manager, Banquet Services will provide leadership to the Banquet, Conference Porter and Conference cleaners team.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Full Time, Year Round Hours
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Resort perks:
- Free Downhill Mountain Biking pass;
- Discounted recreation tickets you can share with your friends. Let them enjoy the zip lines, ropes courses and mountain coaster!
- Discounted Golf rounds at Monterra Golf
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Sets service standards for banquet server, porter and bartender teams. Develops and implements training and incentive programs to uphold standards.
- Manages all guest-facing areas of conference facilities; schedules preventative maintenance, assesses overall appearance, prepares capital budgets.
- Leads staff by giving guidance (feedback through coaching & performance management), fostering reward and recognition programs and developing the skills of staff.
- Manages par-stock inventory of conference wares, chairs, tables, podiums etc.
- Ensures that staff and guests follow all prescribed safety protocols/programs, including (but not limited to) food safety protocols.
- Approves conference bills; checks for accuracy between POS & BEOs; ensures a timely billing cycle.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- 5 years Banquet Leadership experience; preferably in a national/international (branded) hotel operation
- College Diploma in hospitality or related field an asset
- Experience working front line in a professional atmosphere
- Proven leadership skills with passion and optimism that inspires respect and trust
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain village resort, is nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and spans across the beautiful Niagara Escarpment. Blue Mountain has evolved into a true four-season destination, and continually ranks among the top family-friendly resorts in Canada.
Whether you choose to stay with us for a Season or a Career, Blue Mountain is The Place To Be. Choosing a career at Blue Mountain Resort means joining a family of progressive, innovative and entrepreneurial co-workers who are passionate about the resort industry. From the people behind the books to the leaders on the front line, we are all dedicated to providing the best experience possible for guests and associates alike.
Alterra Mountain Company, headquartered in Denver Colorado, owns Blue Mountain Resort.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure.
Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone. Resorts include:
- Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado;
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California;
- Stratton in Vermont;
- Snowshoe in West Virginia;
- Crystal Mountain in Washington;
- Tremblant in Quebec;
- Blue Mountain in Ontario;
- Deer Valley and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah;
- CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.