Starwood Retail Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Engineer - Belmar
at Starwood Retail Partners
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of all interior and exterior property, including building structures, systems and equipment. They will perform a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled building maintenance and repair tasks and related duties as required. This position is based in Lakewood, CO.
- Responsible for providing routine, preventive, and corrective maintenance of the facility and equipment to maintain a safe and pleasant environment.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and research mechanical, electrical and plumbing issues in order to repair and/or provide recommendations to solve issues. Meet with vendors who provide maintenance to such systems.
- Perform routine maintenance to the HVAC systems (belt, filter and thermostat replacements), and assist with specific maintenance to the systems.
- Operate and maintain fire protection and emergency power systems. Perform weekly generator and fire pump maintenance tests.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of floors, walls, and ceilings.
- Monitor operation and maintain door systems.
- Monitor and adjust building automation and energy management systems.
- Refurbish and install seasonal holiday décor.
- Handle promotion set-ups, including staging, curtains, chairs and sound systems.
- Manages and oversees the snow removal efforts, including knowledge of de-icing chemicals and the operation of snow removal equipment.
- Receive, evaluate and complete work requests. Investigate and troubleshoot operational problems in a timely and organized manner.
- Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors and tenants.
- Document and communicate operational problems to department leadership.
- Assist other team members and departments as needed.
- Maintain and control inventory of essential supplies.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.), hazards, and customer concerns.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations. Practice safe work habits.
- Oversee landscape contractors. Maintain, install and replace landscape and hardscape as needed.
- Monitor irrigation systems for leaks and issues; repair or replace as needed.
- Maintain Starwood operational standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standing up to 8 hours a day.
- Walking up to 8 hours a day.
- Working outdoors for 8 hours a day.
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine.
- Ability to stoop, stand, climb, and frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Demonstrate general knowledge and skills in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and small engine maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of all types of power tools.
- Ability to safely operate fork and aerial lifts.
- Detail oriented, with the able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work on roofs.
- May be exposed to inclement weather and excessive noise.
- Must be able to work in close and cramped spaces including attics, basements, various crawl spaces and areas with low light or no light at all.
The successful candidate will be a professional with demonstrated experience in the role or a similar role.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a facility maintenance role in a commercial property setting or completion of a two year trade school.
- Experience reading blue prints.
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office.
- Read, write and communicate at acceptable level.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to respond positively to direction and performance-related criticism.
- Able to work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Capable of consistently maintaining a professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Manual dexterity.
- Willing to carry a cell phone and work overtime, weekends, and on-call as needed.
- Capable of maintaining regular and reliable attendance.
- Acceptable background check.
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Results-oriented and high energy.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
Starwood Retail provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.