Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Grocery Manager
at Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
- Hidden (17389)
- Position Type
- Req ID
Do you enjoy assisting in overseeing several projects at the same time? Do you enjoy implementing strategies to meet goals for sales, margin, and inventory? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market!
Overview of Responsibilities
At Sprouts Farmers Market, the Assistant Grocery Manager works with the Grocery Manager in all ways to train, schedule, and maintain a readied team that keeps the grocery department fully stocked and rotated following Sprouts procedures and policies for freshness. The Assistant Grocery Manager searches for ways for the Grocery team to be more efficient and faster at helping our customers and delivering extraordinary customer service while serving as a role model. The Assistant Grocery Manager ensures that sales floor department shelves, displays, aisles, and storage areas are maintained in a clean, orderly condition, satisfying Health Department and store safety standards. The Assistant Grocery Manager also ensures safety and quality of all grocery products by monitoring storage conditions, temperatures, and shelf life; discounts short dated product. The Assistant Grocery Manager proactively identifies and addresses performance and personnel issues in a timely manner and in adherence to Sprouts policies. The Assistant Grocery Manager will support the Grocery Manager as needed, and execute other related duties as assigned. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you.
To be an Assistant Grocery Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and 1-3 years retail management experience. Familiarity with natural foods and alternative diets preferred
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays. Walking up to 3 miles per 8 hours is expected.
- Have strong good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to take and give direction, participating in a team environment.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Possess a proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff, while possessing a working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals
- Have a strong focus on detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have strong organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Must vertically transfer milk trays weighing up to 60 lbs., from 9” to 62”, for up to 25 hours.
- Must vertically/horizontally transfer boxes weighing up to 50 lbs., from 5” to 34”, for a distance up to 5 feet for up to 25 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Repetitive squatting/kneeling/bending to access a point 5 inches from the floor for up to 30 hours is expected
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.