Spectrum Retirement Communities
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Spectrum Retirement Communities
Spectrum Retirement Communities is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Description of Opportunity:
The Executive Accountant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining all accounting records for the two principal owners, their personal entities and family trusts, along with the accounting needs of immediate family members.
Executive Accountant Job Responsibilities:
• Prepare and enter journal entries
• Maintain schedules of real estate activity
• Prepare quarterly liquidity reports for Directors and send to banks to fulfill quarterly liquidity requirements
• Prepare quarterly financial statements for owners to satisfy guarantor compliance reports for all construction loan bankers
• Prepare quarterly financial statements for trusts and other family members
• Initiate and process wires
• Monitor daily cash balances for approximately 75 bank accounts
• Assist staff accountant with the reconciliations for all related bank accounts monthly
• Compile and submit necessary information for annual tax returns, tax estimates and process annual/quarterly estimated tax payments
• Maintain detailed schedules related to all cash and investment account balances and activities
• Assist with the coding of all bills to be paid by accounts payable and maintain monthly recurring charges (IE Rent payments, mortgage payments, etc.)
• Assist with the preparation of deposits and take deposits to the bank when necessary
• Maintain insurance policies for all homes, vehicles, boats, and valuables
• Review and prepare reports and invoices related to private jet usage and contracts
• Work with legal and executive team as needed on any projects related to real estate deals, creating new and maintaining existing LLCs, etc.
Executive Accountant Educational Requirements:
• Must have a college degree in accounting or emphasis in accounting.
• Public accounting experience is a plus but not required
• CPA preferred
Executive Accountant Work Experience:
• At least 5-7 years of accounting experience with a mix of public accounting and industry experience.
• Detailed oriented/excellent time management skills.
• Very strong computer and Excel skills.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Good phone communication skills.
• Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors, bankers and Spectrum Team Members.
• Ability to function as a team player.
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
· Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
· Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more!; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs