South Suburban Parks and Recreation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Maintenance Technician-Trails
at South Suburban Parks and Recreation
- Job Summary
Under the supervision of the Trails Supervisor, this position is responsible for accomplishing the various skilled tasks that are associated with the accepted maintenance practices for all Trails, Parking lots, Public Facilities, Bridges and Drainage ways. This position regularly drives a District vehicle. Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License, or have the ability to obtain upon hire, and maintain an acceptable driving record. A Class A Commercial Drivers License is also required.
- Job Requirements
Must be 18 years of age or older with a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Any combination of experience that is equivalent to one year of skilled labor and operation related to park and trail maintenance or light civil construction work in the public sector is acceptable. This includes staff supervision and the operation of equipment used in the maintenance and repair of trails, parking lots and all other related functions described in the position description.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Certified Pesticide Applicator License with the Colorado Department of Agriculture as a Certified Operator or Qualified Supervisor is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time and the ability to operate all tools and equipment during inclement weather.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate oral and written instructions in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability and willingness to learn and then perform specific maintenance and supervisory tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to operate and disseminate or receive training on various types of maintenance standards, current operating procedures and construction equipment.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn current public trail construction, safety and maintenance standards, procedures and working knowledge of equipment and materials used to safely maintain and construct both hard and soft surface trails.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn current parking lot construction, safety and maintenance standards, procedures and working knowledge of equipment and materials used to safely maintain and construct concrete and asphalt paved surfaces.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn current bridge and storm water conveyance construction, safety and maintenance standards, procedures and working knowledge of equipment and materials used to safely maintain and construct bridges and drainage ways.
- Skills related to current proficiency with the safe and efficient operation of equipment used to maintain public trails, parking lots and public facilities including but not limited to: backhoes, skid steers, front end loaders, tandem and single axle dump trucks, trash trucks, rollers / compactors, street sweepers, pressure washers, large capacity water trucks and excavation equipment.
- Skills related to current proficiency and ability to document daily maintenance activities, keep accurate work logs and reports, design and implement traffic / pedestrian detour plans and conduct / correct jobsite hazard analysis.
The ability to successfully complete a background check including but not limited to criminal history search and motor vehicle record check is required.
- Additional Information
- Typically works Monday through Friday; evening, weekend and holiday hours are required. Please note weekly work hours will vary depending on the season.
For more detailed information on job functions and requirements please view the full job description, available under the 'Job Descriptions' section of our employment site or by clicking here.
- About South Suburban
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational services and programs.
We serve nearly 155,000 residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of Douglas, Jefferson, and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports dome, batting cages, and entertainment center, a hotel and a nature center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and open space land, including 110 multi-purpose athletic fields, more than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.
To learn more about the District as an organization and a workplace, visit: